Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
MAXIMA 2001 ABS/TCS/SLIP PROBLEM Forums > > MAXIMA 2001 ABS/TCS/SLIP PROBLEM MAXIMA 2001 ABS/TCS/SLIP PROBLEM
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 05-11-2009, 02:36 PM
galeway

i also have a 2001 maxima and the abs/slip/tsc lights just came on. If restarted they went out, however, now they are on all the time. Could it be an abs sensor
Old 07-20-2010, 08:30 PM
ATD

how do i replace the abs sensor in the front
Old 09-24-2010, 07:30 AM
2001 Maxima
2005 Pathfinder
2005 Pathfinder LE

I have the same issue. Tried extracting the codes with the flashing lights but cannot get it to work. Not sure what to try next.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:34 AM
1997 Maxima
2001 Maxima

Default ground?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc247 View Post
I have the same issue. Tried extracting the codes with the flashing lights but cannot get it to work. Not sure what to try next.
I'm having the same problem. I can't seem to get the lights to flash out the code. Maybe I'm not "grounding" pin 9 properly. What exactly is the best way to ground a pin? I thought it was as easy as using a paper clip, but that doesn't seem to be working for me...
Old 02-10-2012, 07:02 AM
2001 Maxima
2001 Maxima

Hello my problem is a little different but similar, I got "Check Engine" + SLIP + tsc lights, all at once. But not ABS. They all come on together when I am driving for a few minutes. No other perceived problems yet... Then today the SLIP and tsc went off at some point, but Check Engine stayed on... I hate this type of problem. Any ideas on this one?
Old 08-07-2012, 06:32 AM
2001 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
Welcome to the forums!!

There are many items in the ABS/TCS system that can trigger the warning light. I recommend having a shop (any shop) with a scanner read the ABS/TCS system for codes. Once you have the code we can help you diagnose the problem.
The TCS light in my Nissan Maxima 2001 is on & i feel the car slipping
Old 08-10-2012, 04:11 PM
2006 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
to Nissanhelp.com forums mgood and Garvey!!

It is very unlikely having 3 bad sensors at the same time. I recommend to get a second opinion.
I have the same problem with my 2006 Maxima except that I also have no A/C, dash controls, fan, and my brake light is also on. My speedo doesn't work and neither does my fuel gauge. Would all of this be because of a bad sensor? I had new tires, brakes, and an inner tie rod replaced last week.

Tags
2001, abs or tcs or slip, maxima, problem