Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
05 maxima no fire to plugs Forums > > 05 maxima no fire to plugs 05 maxima no fire to plugs
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 05-17-2017, 05:44 PM
2005 Maxima

Default 05 maxima no fire to plugs

As u can tell by my handle dumb dave I can b an idiot. Have a 05 maxima that sat for year needing front-end work. Finally I decided to do it put struts springs fuel pump new battery and bam started ran and rode great. Drove to town other night and car started running very hot. Found water hose took radiator cap off pressure blew it off more than I took off. Anyway got cooled down added water but did this in dark. Put cap back on half way because dark and as I said I'm an idiot. On way home car started running hot again although never to top line. Car wujt running. Left on side of rode caught rode home. Later went back with more water that's when I learned rad cap wasn't on directly. Added water and car started right up. Drove the 5 miles to house with temp never getting above normal and car running fine. All happy. Next day go out and crank crank crank but no start. Added checking some things like dip stick no water in oil and pulling easy plugs on front no oil or foreign substance on any of them. Checked to make sure new fuel pump still worked it does finally checked and am getting no fire to plugs. Have checked fuses that I'm able to tell have anything to do with electric and all seem fine. Please give me other things to check and if it drove home fine night before please tell me not possible that I've blown damned thing up. Thanks for any help
Old 05-18-2017, 11:07 AM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

First thing first. If check engine soon light is On, have a code reader and get the trouble code.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

I agree that checking for stored codes would be the first thing to do, but, regardless if the CEL is on or not. Crank position sensor and camshaft position sensors can fail and cause a no spark to plugs condition. Refer to the factory service manual for diagnostics for no start-no spark conditions. Check our knowledge base for the Engine Control chapter of the service manual for your vehicle.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:44 AM
2005 Maxima

Thanks for responding to my question problem is the book is a generic book. That's what the dealership told me so finding right fuse or relay pretty hard to do when book doesn't show what each fuse does. Of course there is a display on the cover of fuse boxes I've found but ones under good are all smudged and u can't read. All I've been able to find are 2 10 amp fuses that have anything to do with anything that even sounds like electrical. Called dealer and talked to shop mgr and pretty sure he should put dumb In front of his name also. Asked if he could just give me anything to check and it was as if I'd asked him a brain surgery question. No help at all. Guess I'll start with crank sensor 1st but damn even me dumb dave should be able to find right fuses to check 1st
Old 05-25-2017, 01:11 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

I wouldn't start changing parts until it fixes the problem because that can get real expensive really quick! Get the codes read at a parts store or get a code reader and read them yourself; last time I went to Walmart they had a generic OBD II code reader for $20. If you have a code for a crank sensor, then, at least, you have much better chance that the crank sensor is the problem. I'm not sure what you mean about the book being just a generic book. If you are talking about the factory service manual, it has a wealth of information, including harness maps, connector views, diagnostic procedures, component locations and much, much more.

Tags
fire, maxima, plugs