Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 Maxima Headlights, Dashboard lights off Forums > > 2007 Maxima Headlights, Dashboard lights off 2007 Maxima Headlights, Dashboard lights off
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 01-22-2017, 05:46 PM
2007 Maxima

Default 2007 Maxima Headlights, Dashboard lights off

The problem I believe started 2 years ago. The battery was dead one morning and the CAA guy said “something” must have drained the battery. Last year the battery was drained again and CAA changed it. Again they said “something” must be draining the battery. Two weeks ago we came home the car was off and all the lights were on…the head lights, the back lights, dash board was all lite up too. Needless to say the car would not start. CAA came again and boosted the car. This guy said the same thing “something electrical”. The battery was checked out at Canadian Tire as well the alternator too. They claim they are fine. There is something that had been occurring prior to this, not daily, but frequently when the car was turned off the “Set Clock” light would come on and not go off. Also, just before this the, dashboard lights would dim and brighten while I was driving it. I took the car to the Nissan Dealer for a computer scan and $400.00 later they replaced “Main Ground Strap” and “Power Side Terminal”. They called and said the “Headlights aren’t working now” “need further Diagnostic” if I wanted to continue it could wind up costing $2000.00!! I’ve taken the car and have driven it only in daytime.. Now the Dashboard lights come on for a split second when the car is started and then it all goes “black”. When I came home the lights came on and stayed on, the next day the lights went black again. Now someone’s told me my rear light on the passenger side is not on and I don’t know what I’m supposed to do about it. The car itself works fine. I just do not understand why it’s so difficult to solve this issue
Old 01-23-2017, 08:07 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Well, the one light out in the rear might just be a burnt out bulb. As far as the others, I would be highly suspect of an internal short inside the BCM (Body Control Module) which controls all of those items. The problem is on the diagnostic end for a technician is the intermittent occurrence of these problems. In order to properly diagnose an issue, one must be able to consistently duplicate the problem.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:14 PM
2007 Maxima

Thanks for your reply. I haven't done anything about the car yet. I read in the car's manual that the "Fusible Links" might be a factor. I just don't know who I can trust to get the job done without some mounting costs that we're charged when there now is obvious light malfunctions. The car is 10 years old and it's crazy to be asked for thousands of dollars because of lights not working.

Tags
2007, dashboard, headlights, lights, maxima