Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Intelligent Key Issues Forums > > Intelligent Key Issues Intelligent Key Issues
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 01-13-2017, 09:21 AM
2011 Maxima

Default Intelligent Key Issues

Well,

I have a 2011 Nissan Maxima and I must say this is the first issue I have ever had with it. The other day, I was driving down the road and suddenly the car beeped and said no key detected. I didn't think much of it because it was in my pocket. I get home and turn the car off and go inside. I attempt to go out later and this is where the fun begins... the buttons on the outside of the car don't respond, the fob doesn't respond and the car doesn't sense the fob at all.

I replaced the FOB battery twice, I have stuck it in the slot holder, nothing. The car refuses to sense the key is there. Even when I stick it in the slot holder, it still keeps telling me to insert it.

The ONLY way I have found to get around it is to unplug the car battery and then for 5 minutes after the battery is reconnected the fob works without issue....then it stops being detected all over again until I reset the car.

Any idea?

Tags
intelligent, issues, key