Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2016 maxima. Need help Forums > > 2016 maxima. Need help 2016 maxima. Need help
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 02-23-2016, 12:49 PM
2016 Maxima

Exclamation 2016 maxima. Need help

I have a 2016 maxima and the airbag module was destroyed and replaced with a used one. Dealer says they need the original module to pull data from in order to reset/pair the used one to the ecm.

I junked the module because it was shattered. Car was completely repaired and was taken to a nissan dealer for the airbag light and said they cant do anything / reflash/etc without the original airbag module per service procedure. Now, logically, in the event the airbag module is destroyed, there HAS to be a way to program another airbag module. My question is, is what can be done to remedy this situation?

If i get the ecm out of the car that the used module came from, they should automatically pair correct? One would think there is a redundancy to the repair procedure in the event of something like this happening/module being destroyed. The factory repair option has to be more than "just drive with the airbag light on or buy a new car".
Old 02-24-2016, 04:03 PM
2015 Rogue

I have not heard of programmable airbag modules on Nissans yet but if they are it definitely can be done without the old module.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:01 AM
2016 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
I have not heard of programmable airbag modules on Nissans yet but if they are it definitely can be done without the old module.
Well thats the thing the dealer keeps telling me they cant do it and i keep telling them that there has to be a way to do it. In the event that the original box shorts out or frys or whatever, they have to be able to reprogram another one without the original.

I asked them if there is a nissan tech line i can call and they said that only their techs have access to that after i asked for the number. Well, why the hell arent they calling it then? Its pissing me off.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:20 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhbshopp View Post
Well thats the thing the dealer keeps telling me they cant do it and i keep telling them that there has to be a way to do it. In the event that the original box shorts out or frys or whatever, they have to be able to reprogram another one without the original.

I asked them if there is a nissan tech line i can call and they said that only their techs have access to that after i asked for the number. Well, why the hell arent they calling it then? Its pissing me off.
According to the service manual page SRC-38 " if read/write cannot be used, use the manual configuration"
Old 02-25-2016, 05:32 AM
2016 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
According to the service manual page SRC-38 " if read/write cannot be used, use the manual configuration"
called the dealer with that info and they said that they cant click on the manual configuration / its greyed out / etc.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:22 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhbshopp View Post
called the dealer with that info and they said that they cant click on the manual configuration / its greyed out / etc.
Tell them to check service bulletin NTB16-025
Old 09-01-2016, 12:03 PM
2011 280ZX

Did you ever get this resolved? Im having issues with my 2015 murano airbag module, communication and configuration is extremely complicated

Tags
2016, maxima