Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
99 Nissan Maxima Turn Signal Issues Forums > > 99 Nissan Maxima Turn Signal Issues 99 Nissan Maxima Turn Signal Issues
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 08-02-2013, 03:48 PM
1999 Maxima

Default 99 Nissan Maxima Turn Signal Issues

Hey Guys,

I'm having trouble with my turn signal on my 99 Nissan Maxima. The trouble is, that its just not doing anything. I have no signals or hazards. I have seen other threads about this and how the problem could be the "Turn Signal Relay." I even took out what I think is the relay by the steering column.

I went to Auto Zone and Advanced Auto Parts to buy the part but they said they don't carry them and one guy told me its a dealer part. Is this true or am I calling it the wrong thing? Or do I need to change the whole turn signal switch? Any help is welcome and let me know if you need more info from me!

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:58 AM
Tech Enthusiast
1997 Maxima
1997 Maxima

If BOTH the turn signals and emergency flashers are out, it's likely not the turn signal switch. According to the FSM, it's either the hazard switch (power to the turn signal switch runs thru that switch) or the "combination flasher unit." I would replace the combination flasher unit first; it is a small box with a three wire plug to the right of the steering wheel next to the cruise control and NATS immobilizer boxes. From the FSM, it looks like you take off the trim panel below the steering wheel and look up to see/access it.

If you want to test the flasher unit after you remove it, you can. Per the FSM, there are three pins - two vertical pins side by side and one horizontal pin above them. You connect battery across the two side by side pins (positive to left pin, negative to right pin), and a test light from the right pin to the top pin. If the switch is OK, the test light will blink. Good luck.

Last edited by bobflood; 08-06-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:32 PM
1990 300ZX
1984 300ZX

Having a close to the same issue with my 90 z but the flasher s work and the hazards dont
dont have any power to hazard switch when key is off looked at wiring diagram cant find the #2 batt fuse
all fuses in fuse blocks have power on both sides any idea where the fuse is located for the hazard s

Tags
issues, maxima, nissan, signal, turn