Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2000 maxima fuel pump not coming on Forums > > 2000 maxima fuel pump not coming on 2000 maxima fuel pump not coming on
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

For those that aren't aware, Nissan TSB's are located in the Knowledge Base on these forums.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 PM
2000 Maxima

OK here we go. Had the car towed to he dealer. Ran the scans, basically told me the same thing we talked about. Want to replace the ECM and the ACM ( throttle body) to a toon of $1639.00. Thats $860.00 for a reman ECM. I can get the ECM from Advaned auto parts for $425.00, not sure about the throttle body yet. Is it common for the ACU to take out the ECM? or visa versa? I have seen a this on You Tube, just not sure which one burns up the other one. They make 26 different ECM's for that car.
That still leaves the question about the wire bundle, would that take out the other 2 units? Will the new ECM need to be flashed? or will it connect by serial number or the number on the ECM??????????????????
Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Enthusiast
2007 Maxima

What is the acm I cannot find it in the diagrams. And yes the ECU will have to be reprogrammed the labor rate book time is 1/2 hour for that. And yes the wire issue could of done the damage, but if he scanned it he should of found a voltage issue while he was doing ECU tests. I cant speak for it because I didnt do it. There is a idle speed relearn on those throttle bodies when you replace them as well. I can do that with my scanner and from what I saw I believe you can do it via gas pedal Ill check. Sorry took so long busy at work n wife sick. I gotta do some more research. Im trying to figure out if the person who scanned it just said the ECU and ACU wasnt working because of voltage problems and didnt check the harness issue. Or just said ECU because of communication problems. Try and ask them how they determined the computer was faulty if you can. Theres a guy on here who works for nissan only and has helped me a few times Im gonna send him a email n see what he thinks. He works on these only and I think he will know something. Ill get back at you asap
Old 01-05-2013, 12:26 PM
2000 Maxima

Sorry to hear about the wife, hope she gets well soon.
Its the IAC that they said needs replaced. Not up on all the terminology. It seems all they have done is run the same scan codes that I ran. I'm going to go over on Monday and see if I can get a better understanding on what they have come up with. From what I have come up with the IAC shorts out and takes out the ECM (google ecm replace 2000 Maxima) there are some good videos. Can I set the idle speeds with my OBD11 scanner? Think I will have the car brought home and do it myself.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Sorry for jumping on the thread a bit late, but I have been too busy at work.

The IAC problem shorting out the ECM it's a very common problem, but before replacing anything else, I have one question. Do you remember if the "Security" light was solid ON when you try starting the engine? if the ignition key gets damage or for some reason the ECM looses the key program (which is somewhat common) the NATS (Nissan Anti-Theft System) will cut the power to the fuel pump.

Did you try manually powering ON the fuel pump?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:06 PM
2000 Maxima

The security lite was not on solid. I did not try the pump manually. Codes were 505. Sent it to the Nissan dealer and they are leaning towards the IAC and the ECM. i have sent the ECM off to repair and will change the IAC. Won't be back until next week. We will see what happens next.
Thanks
Old 01-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Thanks for letting us know. I hope that fix the problem.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

One more thing before you connect the ECM, you should disconnect the engine mounts. The electronic engine mounts are also know to damage the ECM. Let us know if you need help with locating the mounts connectors.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:06 AM
2000 Maxima

I will need help locating the electronic engine mounts. How can you tell if they are ok? When I put the ECM back in, will I need to set the IAC, or can I start the car. I'm having my origional ECM repaired.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

I have attached the images for the mounts connectors (brown connectors - only two wires) Just disconnect the connectors.

2000 maxima fuel pump not coming on-capture-png 2000 maxima fuel pump not coming on-capture2-png

Quote:
When I put the ECM back in, will I need to set the IAC, or can I start the car.
Just start the engine and let it warm up. Idle will probably be high. Then turn off the engine and let it sit for a few hours to cool down. Start up and perform the Idle Air Volume Learning Procedure (set IAC). Instructions here: 2000-2001 Nissan Maxima Idle Air Volume Learning Procedure | Nissanhelp.com

You may have to perform the procedure 2-3 times before the idle resets to specifications (650 - 700 RPM)
Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 AM
2000 Maxima

Do the engine mount connectors need to be reconnected, or can they be left un -connected?
Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

You need to left them disconnected. Leaving the connectors disconnected will not affect at all the engine performance and will not set any codes or engine light.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:55 PM
2000 Maxima

Got the ECM back and back in the car. Changed the IAC. Fuel pump coming on, but still will not start. Do I need to "flash" the computer, it was the one that came out of the car.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:18 PM
2000 Maxima

Pulled out the front coil packs, put spark plugs in and tried to start, no spark.
Really don't know what to do next.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:21 PM
2002 Maxima

Default 2002 maxima fuel prob

Will start with strtr fluid. Pump relay clicks. Good pump, no fuel. Relay socket pin #2 has standing 12.6v with key on with multimeter to grnd.
I read where it was supposed to have .5v for 5 secs.
Is the ecu bad or is that correct to have constant 12.6v on pin #2 key on?

Tags
2000, coming, fuel, maxima, pump