Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
'99 Sentra SE 2.0L Transmission Control Module Forums > > '99 Sentra SE 2.0L Transmission Control Module '99 Sentra SE 2.0L Transmission Control Module
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 11-14-2012, 08:41 PM
1999 Sentra

Default '99 Sentra SE 2.0L Transmission Control Module

Error code P1605
Could this code keep the car from starting? When TCM goes bad, does it disable the fuel pump or something? P1605 is the only code that OBD discovers. The code has been there for a good while, but the car ran and drove perfectly fine up until I went on a 12 mile errand. The car was parked and engine off for about 30 minutes, and when I got in to start it, it turned over, sputtered a couple of times, then after that, all it would do would just turn over. Incidently, I do not hear any sound of the fuel pump kicking on when I turn the key, but don't attempt to start. Before I have them yank out the back seat and replace the fuel pump, I just thought the TCM code might have something to do with fuel delivery. Is a replacement TCM very expensive? Are they available as an after-market part or will I have to disrobe and buy from a dealership? Thanks for your help, fellas.

Last edited by Vanessa; 11-14-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: unclear wording

Tags
20l, control, module, p1605, sentra, tcm, transmission