Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Cigarette lighters don't work Forums > > Cigarette lighters don't work Cigarette lighters don't work
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 01-23-2012, 06:37 PM
2005 Maxima

Default Cigarette lighters don't work

Help - both cigarette lighters don't work and the named fuse is fine. No fuse appears blown in either fuse panel. What to check next? Both worked recently.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

If the fuses are OK then the next step is to check the wire to the socket. You have to remove the sockets and check if there is power to the socket connector. I have attached and image of the wire sockets wire diagram that I hope it helps you find the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Cigarette lighters don't work-image05-gif  
Old 02-12-2012, 07:06 AM
1999 Altima
2005 GTR

Default Nissan

Hello!
Thank you for the diagram becasue I think what is wrong with it now, is the relay. I found the fuse that goes to the lighter to be blown. I didn't had a fuse at the time so I just wrapped a "tiny" which I thought it was(not) a tiny wire around the fuse and stock it back in there. I was gone replace it eventually but it was just for the time being. Then my friend gets me an idea to change my deck, so I went bought the wiring harness and since I already had a CD player ready to install I went ahead and took out the trim to get to the stock CD player. I had forgotten all about what I did with the fuse and while taking of the trim I accidentally short circuited the cigarette lighter. Well after I hooked up the CD player I noticed that it doesn't work. So then I checked the fuse and it was fine. So I thought that the new deck is broke, but then I reconnected the stock Cd player and it wouldn't work either. Then I checked the cigaret lighter for power and it was not putting out any power either. So I went and got a new fuse for the cigarette lighter and it didn't solve the problem. The fuse stays good but neither the CD player or the Lighter works now. So I said dam and wired the deck to the light power wire so now the CD player works only when the lights are turned on. Then I noticed other problem that new CD player works fine but doesn't produce any sound. That was weird. I know what I did wrong, but how do I fix it?
Old 02-12-2012, 12:54 PM
2015 Rogue

You probably melted the harness somewhere when you put the piece of wire in the fuse box. The fuses are there for a reason.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:55 AM
1999 Altima
2005 GTR

Default Nissan

According to an electric diagram it must be the relay. It really gone suck if it's not, but if it is then I would have to take off the fuse panel and check there? I think that if it was the fuse box wire harness then only the cigarette lighter wouldn't work, but both went out the CD player and cig. lighter outlet. On the diagram it shows how the current goes through a double relay then the fuse and then it splits and one goes to the cig. lighter outlet as other goes somewhere else? The diagram is a bit confusing tho.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:06 AM
2004 Quest
2006 370Z Coupe

I have the same problem with my 2004 Quest cigarette lighters just quit.
I checked all fuses in the panel by my left knee all were good. Not too sure what to do or change now. Any Ideas. The only cigarette lighter that works now is the one at the very back of the van. All the other 3 are dead.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:22 PM
2012 Versa

My Nissan versa 2012 sedan cigarette lighter don't work
Old 05-28-2016, 12:24 PM
2012 Versa

I don't know where the fuse for cigarette lighter is located.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:33 PM
2007 Sentra

my 2007 Sentra auxiliary/lighter has never worked...must be something going on in the factory from all the post I am seeing.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:34 PM
2007 Sentra

2007 nissan sentra cd player will not eject, nor play cds? help!
Old 06-22-2016, 03:31 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly.dry View Post
2007 nissan sentra cd player will not eject, nor play cds? help!
You should really have started a new thread in the Sentra section, rather than post onto an existing Maxima thread.
Anyway, if the head unit is powering up (all functions working except for the CD player), then you have an internal issue with the head unit. You options are to removing the head unit and send it out for repair or to replace it with an aftermarket head unit...and buy some replacement CDs if you can't take the old one apart and get them out. Google "Nissan radio repair" and you should find several companies that repair Nissan radios (among other manufacturers).

Tags
cigarette, fuse, lighters, work