Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Crank position sensors Forums > > Crank position sensors Crank position sensors
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 12-19-2011, 02:34 PM
harry2harry

Default Crank position sensors

Does anyone know the location of the 2 crank position sensors on 2001 maxima GLE 3.0 V6. Pictures would be greatly appreciated !!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

one just next to crank pulley and the other is located in frt to the lft of the frt engine mount.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Enthusiast
1997 Maxima
1997 Maxima

+1 on this, The one next to the crank pulley is just above the pulley, which puts it on the pass side of the engine compartment; remove the splash guard on that side for easy access. The other one is low down at the junction of the engine and transmission; remove the driver side bottom slash guard and look up.

Last edited by bobflood; 01-09-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:04 AM
harry2harry

Thank you guys for the assistance...now i had the sensors replaced...but the car still cranks but wont start.....Dont know what to do..tested the fuel pump ok. Need help plss !!!!....the car shut off on me on a traffic. I cranked it a few times..it wont start.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:00 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Did you scan for trouble codes. I assume you had a trouble code that points to CKP sensors thus prompting you to replace them. You may need to replace the camshaft sensor. But b4 you do that verify your work to be sure connections are lock and tight.

Battery?, Starter/Solenoid? connections are good? Check for failed Neutral Safety Switch. maf sensor? Hope this helps.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:54 PM
harry2harry

Thanks you guys for your ideas..At first it got weird as the Scanner shows No link (no connection)..so we couldnt identify the actual problem. It was later we realize the ground connection was partially disconnected with the clip on unlock position. This was found after replacing the fuel pump. So the car started after proper ground connection.

Now ...my car cranks 2 - 3times before starting everymorning in this cold weather.It runs great and afterwards. Scanned, its says idle control system..what could be the problem now..because my idling does nt rev up and down. Please advice guys !!!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Enthusiast
2004 Maxima
2001 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2harry View Post
Thanks you guys for your ideas..At first it got weird as the Scanner shows No link (no connection)..so we couldnt identify the actual problem. It was later we realize the ground connection was partially disconnected with the clip on unlock position. This was found after replacing the fuel pump. So the car started after proper ground connection.

Now ...my car cranks 2 - 3times before starting everymorning in this cold weather.It runs great and afterwards. Scanned, its says idle control system..what could be the problem now..because my idling does nt rev up and down. Please advice guys !!!
What is the actual check engine code?
Old 01-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

Need to perform idle relearn. Use the knowledge based section to get this procedure,

Tags
crank, position, sensors