Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
All Models, All Years 2014 370Z Coupe 2014 370Z Coupe Nismo 2014 370Z Roadster 2013 Altima Coupe 2014 Altima Sedan 2014 Armada 2014 Cube 2014 Frontier Crew 2014 Frontier King 2014 GT-R 2014 JUKE 2014 JUKE NISMO 2013 Leaf 2014 Maxima
2014 Murano 2013 CrossCabriolet 2013 NV Cargo 2013 NV Passenger 2013 NV200 2014 Pathfinder 2014 Pathfinder Hybrid 2014 Quest 2014 Rogue 2014 Sentra 2014 Titan Crew 2014 Titan King 2014 Versa Note 2014 Versa Sedan 2014 Xterra Concept Models
MyNissan Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Tech Challenge Game Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms Cost Estimator More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts Ultimate Reflector Auto Sun Shades Custom Fit Car Covers Auto Snow Shades Berber Auto Mats Coco Auto Mats Designer Auto Mats Diamond Plate Auto Mats Fashion Auto Mats Flexomats Auto Mats Hexomats Auto Mats
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Forums Nissan Models Maxima 2007 Nissan Maxima ABS, TCS, Slip, and vibration on start up
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 10:03 PM
2007 Maxima

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy 2007 Nissan Maxima ABS, TCS, Slip, and vibration on start up

Hello everyone, I'm new here and hope that someone can give me an answer. This is an intermittent problem, starting three days ago while I was waiting in a drive thru. The ABS, TCS off, and Slip lights all came on and I could hear a vibration. After driving the car for a couple minutes and then shutting it off the lights went away and everything acted normal again. Two days go by without incident. When I turn my key to on, not starting the engine yet, after the car was driven for most of the day today, there is a vibration and the three lights I mentioned came on again. I could not get them to go away, but the car acted fine and drove fine. I turned it off again after arriving at my destination and upon turning the vehicle on the lights went away and there was no vibration. There was quite a bit off work done to the front left axle/wheel bearing area. And the brakes were changed, but after the maintenance was completed nothing happened for three months, so I don't think it's related. Can anyone offer a lead, or an idea of why there would be a vibration, like traction control was being activated, before the engine was even on? Any help or information would be very much appreciated!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 11:52 AM
2000 Maxima
2005 Altima

Does the Check Engine light come on or is on?? Sounds like ignition coils or one is going bad. I say if the Check engine light is one, pull codes from it and see what you get.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:28 PM
2004 Maxima
1996 Maxima
2004 Maxima

I, too am having the ABS lights on problem. I did replace both rear hubs for $49.00 each from an online parts supply. Once I got them on and drove down the road, the front brakes applied by themselves @ 10-15 mph. I didn't get to any speed higher since every time it would apply the brakes. Turned the car around and parked it in the garage. I have removed the rear sensors and cleaned them (just blew compressed air on them while changing the hubs).
Big question is: How do you reset the ABS system? I have read all through other forums, and seen where you ground pin 9 on the DLC. I have a 2004 SE, and it does not have a pin on 9. My DLC has pins on 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, and 16. I have the FSM and looked through the BCS & GI chapters and could not find anything on which pins to use to get/reset the ABS codes. I don't want to wreck the ECM or ABS module, so does anyone know the correct pins to use to grab the codes and then reset the ABS without using a Consult II device?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
2007 Nissan Maxima ABS, TCS, Slip, and vibration on start up-dlc-connector.jpg  

Last edited by slriser; 09-18-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:32 AM
Enthusiast
2007 Altima

OP, Check your battery connection
Old 09-22-2011, 10:40 AM
2002 Maxima

The traction control only regulates the throtle and timing . If your abs is on maybe a bad sensor on the hub . But I would have someone check the grounds out ,chassis and battery I been reading a lot of problems with the later ones with bad connections . Dont know if your running in to road salt . But its a start
Old 09-24-2011, 06:54 AM
2004 Maxima
1996 Maxima
2004 Maxima

Thanks guys for the replies. I still have the question unanswered, how do you pull the abs codes without the use of a Consult II device? Is there a simple "jumper" method to put the module into a diagnostic mode and start pulsing the abs light like the check engine? Anyone know? It is for a 2004 Maxima.
I appreciate the help.
Steve
Old 09-24-2011, 07:32 AM
2013 Rogue

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slriser View Post
I, too am having the ABS lights on problem. I did replace both rear hubs for $49.00 each from an online parts supply. Once I got them on and drove down the road, the front brakes applied by themselves @ 10-15 mph. I didn't get to any speed higher since every time it would apply the brakes. Turned the car around and parked it in the garage. I have removed the rear sensors and cleaned them (just blew compressed air on them while changing the hubs).
Big question is: How do you reset the ABS system? I have read all through other forums, and seen where you ground pin 9 on the DLC. I have a 2004 SE, and it does not have a pin on 9. My DLC has pins on 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, and 16. I have the FSM and looked through the BCS & GI chapters and could not find anything on which pins to use to get/reset the ABS codes. I don't want to wreck the ECM or ABS module, so does anyone know the correct pins to use to grab the codes and then reset the ABS without using a Consult II device?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
One of your rear abs sensors may be out of alignment with the sensor ring on the wheel bearing. The white plastic dust cover behind the hub gets distorted by corrosion in the aluminum around it. It pushes on the sensor and moves it out of range. There is no way that I know of to pull codes manually on these vehicles.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:56 AM
2004 Maxima
1996 Maxima
2004 Maxima

Thank you for the reply. I found the problem. The replacement hubs I purchased do not have the embedded abs encoder in the wheel bearing. I'm off to a local parts supplier who does have them. Should be up and running soon.
Thanks again,
Steve
Old 02-07-2012, 03:27 PM
2007 Maxima

Default 2007 nissan maxima

does anyone have a rear left abs sensor forsale