Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Maxima ABS Senor Problems-Please help!! Forums > > 2005 Maxima ABS Senor Problems-Please help!! 2005 Maxima ABS Senor Problems-Please help!!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 02-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Justbeout14

Default 2005 Maxima ABS Senor Problems-Please help!!

Good afternoon,
I have a 2005 Nissan Maxima 6 Speed with about 60k on it. Recently i have heard a constant humming/vibration on or around my break pedal as well as when i go to brake a loud grinding noise that i feel also in the brake. It is not my brakes or pads as i recently got them changed. I had a buddy of mine look at the car and at first we couldnt figure out what it was. We then disconnected the ABS fuse and the problem disappeared.
Afterwards he proceeded to reconnect the ABS and then clean out the sensor located on the back wheel. After this was done the noise and vibrations were gone. Until just recently the noise started happening again. I got a car wash and it went away. But then a day or two later everything started happening again. I have read many posts on numerous forums and this seems to be a reoccuring problem with my car. I have also read about this leading to other more expensive problems such as the abs pump and/or actuator. What do you think this is(i know its hard w/o actually looking at the car). Is there a way i could fix this problem without enduring the dealerships costs? if you can just give me some knowledge or advise i would greatly appreciate it. Again thank you for you time and help and have a great day.
Rafael
Old 02-17-2011, 10:40 AM

I am also having the same issue, I am planning on cleaning out both my rear right and left sensors and hubs and following the steps on the TSB, but have disconnected the sensor connector from the FR for now...does anyone know if doing the steps that the TSB recommends will actually fix the problem for good? I really want to fix this problem as I love my car
Old 02-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Justbeout14

what is tsb?
Old 02-17-2011, 02:05 PM
heatherrohde82

ok, i have a 93 nissan maxima, auto, and i am having issues getting it started, it trys to turn over when we connect the wire from the starter to the positive post and it doesnt seem to make a difference if the key is in or even turned on. we replaced the ignition switch, and the starter has been tested, but is in great shape. i am at a loss of what to do next, no one has touched the relay for the ignition and i am at my whits end, anyone know what might be the issue, any help would be great
Old 02-17-2011, 03:32 PM
luznyjohn

was this the answer to what a tsb is??? TSB = Technical Service Bulletin
Old 02-18-2011, 05:52 AM

the TSB is NTB07-016b, you may be able to find it on one of these threads or just google it and it will show a step by step on how to remove and clean out the rear sensors and hubs. Removing both the front rear sensors ato clean them are a piece of cake. The front ones you just remove the front tires and you can literally see them and remove them with a 12mm socket and the rear ones you will need to lift up the car from the rear and one your get under your maxi, you will see a plastic cover, the sensor will be attached in that area and it will be the same thing, use a 12mm socket and remove and clean....this wil fix the issue temporarily, but I still want to do the full cleaning by removing the rear rotors and hubs, but havent been able to until it gets warmer...good luck and let me now how you make out.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Terri49

How do I get a copy of the TSB NTB07-016b?
Old 12-07-2016, 11:23 AM
2005 Maxima

The TSB referenced can be found here:
https://mynissanmaxima.wordpress.com/tsb-ntb07-016/

More information about what is happening can be found here too:
https://mynissanmaxima.wordpress.com/

Tags
2005, 2005 maxima, abs, maxima, problemsplease, senor