Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2000 nissan maxima water pump Forums > > 2000 nissan maxima water pump 2000 nissan maxima water pump
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 01-21-2007, 11:58 AM
enduro

Default 2000 nissan maxima water pump

Hi i am new to this forum. I am replacing a water pump on my friends 2000 Nissan Maxima with a dohc v6. I am having trouble getting the chain tensioner to move back enough to get the pin in it to hold it back. i am wedging a screw driver in the tensioner guide but i cannot get the water pump by the chain. PLease help!!!
Old 01-21-2007, 08:13 PM
vonsudderth

You have to take the other cover off and release the tension on the chain tensioner. Then you will have enough room for the water pump to come off.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:19 AM
bataradena

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro View Post
Hi i am new to this forum. I am replacing a water pump on my friends 2000 Nissan Maxima with a dohc v6. I am having trouble getting the chain tensioner to move back enough to get the pin in it to hold it back. i am wedging a screw driver in the tensioner guide but i cannot get the water pump by the chain. PLease help!!!
You need to loosen the chain tesioner bolts so the oil that's trapped inside can bleed out while pushing the tensioner piston in. I had the same problem and this is not mention in the manual.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:44 AM
2000 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by bataradena View Post
You need to loosen the chain tesioner bolts so the oil that's trapped inside can bleed out while pushing the tensioner piston in. I had the same problem and this is not mention in the manual.
That was almost 3 years ago. I hope that by now the original poster has figured that one out..... :)

to the forum!!!...

Last edited by Maxdom; 11-26-2009 at 05:49 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:49 AM
bataradena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxdom View Post
That was almost 3 years ago. I hope that by now the original poster has figured that one out..... :)

to the forum!!!...
I know this but others who maybe searching this topic could benefit from this.
Best Regards
Byron
Old 11-26-2009, 06:14 AM
2000 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by bataradena View Post
I know this but others who maybe searching this topic could benefit from this.
Best Regards
Byron
Got it. For a moment I thought that you didn't realize the date on this thread, as you were searching for answers to the problem you're having with the water pump you replaced.

Tags
2000, maxima, nissan, pump, water