Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2004 Maxima High/Low Beam Question Forums > > 2004 Maxima High/Low Beam Question 2004 Maxima High/Low Beam Question
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 06-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Enthusiast
2004 Maxima

Default 2004 Maxima High/Low Beam Question

Both the low beam and the high beam headlight on the driver side to not illiminate. My question is: "is the low beam and high beam two seperate bulbs or are they just one bulb?"

Since I am used to driving old cars, I thought the low beam and high beam were two seperate bulbs, but the high beam and low beam seem to come from the same bulb location when observing the side that "works". The "yellow hazard" light still illuminates on the side that isn't working though.

My thinking is that there is a fuse of some sort or a damaged component causing the headlights not to work on that side? Any thoughts?
Old 06-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Enthusiast
2004 Maxima

OK...yes it is one bulb. There is a shade inside that changes the reflection of the light for high beam operation.

Just so you all know, this is for the non-xenon bulbs. I had to get the bulb from the dealer since autozone and advanceautoparts do not carry the bulb. The 9012 bulb is discontinued but somehow the dealer has them. I paid ~65 bucks for one. Good luck!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Enthusiast
2004 Maxima

Also, I did not have to remove the front grille and bumper like it says in every forum. I just removed 3 screws that hold the inner wheel well plastic to the bumper and reached in to remove the bulb. To put it back in, I had to remove the air intake in order to make space. It was quite easy.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

check the fuses
Old 06-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Enthusiast
2004 Maxima

The job is done already. It was just a bulb. I was just giving information for people who run into a similar problem in the future. Thanks though.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:44 PM
badnooze

Ahhhhh.... There's my problem, I have the light in the left side , but must be the shade isn't working. I can hear it click in the right side and get the high beam , but no click in the left side. What controls the shade ?

Tags
2004, beam, high or low, maxima, question