Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 maxima 3.5L No injector pulse and no spark Forums > > 2005 maxima 3.5L No injector pulse and no spark 2005 maxima 3.5L No injector pulse and no spark
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 06-21-2010, 06:55 PM
2005 Maxima

Default 2005 maxima 3.5L No injector pulse and no spark

Hello to all I need help! I have 2005 nissan maxima SE 3.5L the Engine crank over OK, but there is no injector pulse and no spark. I check the following items, crank sensor, cam sensor and wiring, I also check all the power input and grounds going to the ECU fuses all check OK. please I need help.

Last edited by Leonardo1970; 06-22-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Sounds like a bad ECU, but when did the problem started? have you done any other repairs or was the vehicle in an accident?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:33 AM
2005 Maxima

The Vehicle was hit in the front but was working ok. My son drove the car to school with no problem and after class he could not get the engine started. it cranks ok, there is no injector pulse or spark. The security indicator lamp is off when the ignition switch is place in the Run position checks OK. scanner was connected to read codes no codes in the ECU. Looking at the Scanner data monitoring we're getting a crank signal, we're getting ignition switch ON signal, we're getting start signal. all this signal are present when the engine is cranking. I decided to purchase a used ECU from the Junk Yard and had a Locksmith coded the ECU to the Key. all this was done and even yet no spark or injector pulse. Im running out of ideas, do you think the ECM have to be Re-programmed at the dealer, or could it be the Body computer sending a signal to the ECU not letting the engine start. thank you for your support.

Last edited by Leonardo1970; 06-22-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:13 AM
Tech Enthusiast

2000 Maxima

Appears that your security system is messed up, and that the ECU is not recognizing your key.
If that is the case, it will crank all day long and never start.

Prob have to take it somewhere and have the key programmed to the ECU.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:51 AM
2005 Maxima

I had a Locksmith Re-programmed the Key to the ECU he charged me $150.00 and yet no injector pulse or spark. do i have to take it to the dealer, or is there another method to by-pass the immobiliser system. I cheked the security system and with the ignition key turn to the run or start position security light is off this is normal, this shows the security system is working properly. you think the ECU lock itself out and needs to be Re-Programmed at the Dealer. Have you experience problem with the Body computer not communicating with the ECU and not letting the Engine start. can you explained please. thank you for your support.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:45 PM
john_hiemer

Hey Leonardo, did you ever arrive at a diagnosis. My car has the same symptoms following a collision repair.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:17 PM
2005 Maxima

Hello john, after testing and gathering all kind of information, this is leading toward the immobiliser security system. (The ECU lock itself and neeeds to be reprogrammed). There is nothing else i can do but to take it to the dealer.

Last edited by Leonardo1970; 07-30-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:13 PM
john_hiemer

Default Thanks

Thank you for your reply. Like your car mine sounds fine cranking but does not start. It has no spark and no pulse to the injectors. I tried everything on my car to get it going. I replaced the cam and crank sensors first. Then checked all my wires- everything checked out. I even scoped all the sensor inputs to the PCM. When they all checked out I replaced the PCM and had it programmed at the dealer. When they reprogrammed it they relearned the theft system. It still did not start so I bit the bullet and let them diagnose it. After 2 days they figured it out. They told me the motor had went out of time after the collision. A little detail about the accident i went off road to avoid hitting a bear and nailed a rock, smashing the oil pan and bumper. I drove the car to a nearby gas station even though the oil light was on. They said that since the timing chain is hydraulicly tensioned by oil pressure the motor is supposed to cut out when the oil pressure drops, but it had not-and the motor skipped time (which explains the funny noise it made before it quit). So apparently the 3.5L's computer will not spark or pulse if the motor is out of time.

Tags
2005, 35l, injector, maxima, pulse, spark