Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
02 Rough Idle Forums > > 02 Rough Idle 02 Rough Idle
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 03-17-2010, 03:24 PM
dino131

Default 02 Rough Idle

I have an 02 Maxima gle with 160,000 miles, felt misses then ses light came on started blinking, changed plugs believe that was the first tiime they were changed. After the spark plug change just have a rough idle, when in park no miss in, n little, in drive miss like crazy, once you hit the gas it runs good. Can anybody help.

Last edited by dino131; 03-17-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

You may have a problem with one of the coils. Unfortunately since is a small miss, you may have problems trying to find the cause. What code did you had before you replaced the spark plugs?
Old 03-18-2010, 06:36 PM
dino131

Code p0300, sparked checked all coils all good, also did cylinder balance test no all cylinders changed idle.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:39 AM
ccrazeegyrl

Dino131 I am having the almost exact problem. Its idling & missing like crazy but yeah once i get on the interstate and drive its fine,at a stop light i have to put it in N to stop the missing. I had someone replace spark plugs,thats when the nightmare began. Then we bought 3 coils,thinking the back ones needed cause they were real gunky & bad,replaced them nope still idling way off & missing. I too do noyt know what to to. I am going on Saturday to have the idiling checked electronically. But i do not know what else to do. A routine maint. has become a nightmare--now my car who before ALl this never made a peep. Now borderline like a junker or racecar.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

what kind of spark plugs did you guys use?

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 04-23-2010, 04:47 AM
ccrazeegyrl

They(auto store) didnt have the NGK Platininum ones i needed so they gave me at ones they said were equivalent to them for my Maxima. Can i only get the ones i need from the dealership?? SHould i only be using those,ive heard nissan's are picky, but really didnt think it'd cause all this. I am on my second set of plugs. Changed out 3 of the coils too. Its just frustrating.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:22 PM
dino131

fixed it guys you have to replace all 6 coils runs great.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:12 AM
ccrazeegyrl

Great Dino i will try that im desperate..Frustrated. I bought 3 & replaced them guess ill try 3 more & hopefully ill be back to normal like you..Thanks!!
Old 05-23-2010, 04:46 PM
puddlejumper220

Hello, I have a 2002 sentra with the exact same problem. I am a little confused about how to replace the coil or coils. Is there one for each cylinder ? and where are they or do you replace one in the distributor ?
Thanks you

Tags
idle, rough