Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
07 Maxima rear sonar WILL NOT shut off Forums > > 07 Maxima rear sonar WILL NOT shut off 07 Maxima rear sonar WILL NOT shut off
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 01-28-2010, 01:45 AM
1hawaii50

Default 07 Maxima rear sonar WILL NOT shut off

OK, to make a long story short...
Whenever I turn on the headlights/parking lights, the rear sonar system activates, and 4 of the LED chips on my reverse bulbs light up...it doesn't matter what gear the car is in. The only way to turn off the sonar is to turn off the lights, then it functions as it should. This problem cropped up about a month ago, and lasted 2 days and then went away. Now it is back.
I have an aftermarket stereo system w/amps, EZKonceptz rear LED taillights, LED reverse bulbs, Metra NIRD-01 unit (for stereo/driver's info screen). I removed the taillights...problem is still there. I disconnected the NIRD-01...problem is still there. I pulled the reverse lamp relay (under the hood)...problem is still there. Even with the relay pulled, the top 4 LED chips on the reverse light bulb are still lighting. I'm kind of running out of ideas here. Also, nothing on the car had been changed within the last few months of this problem arising.
I ran the rear sonar diagnostic from the FSM, and it IS NOT showing any codes. If anybody can shed any light on this, I'd appreciate it.

Tags
maxima, rear, shut, sonar