Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
ran great again after new Maf for 30 miles then ?? Forums > > ran great again after new Maf for 30 miles then ?? ran great again after new Maf for 30 miles then ??
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 02-10-2012, 06:20 AM
1992 Maxima
1996 Sentra

Default ran great again after new Maf for 30 miles then ??

Hey everybody, I have this 92 max gxe vg30e auto 153k for 2 yrs been a great little car , I did all the major Maintenance (with some help from this forum) when i first got it 2 yrs ago and more on going as needed timing belt changed , 2 injectors, rotor /cap wires plugs, 02 sensor , ignition coil , fuel filter, air filter, poly control arm bushings fuel pressure and injector, timing readings are all within spec

Symtoms are Idle smooth while at stop light , when I go to accelerate from a stopped postion when I take off from a stop under load its sometimes hesitating really bad and some back firing now while pushing on throttle a little. But if I just about punch it it starts to get rpms going and has the power it always had that power band feeling 3 k and up and seems to smooth out accelerate nice . then repeats when I have to come to stop and pull away trying to accelerate I took to my mechanic and he has the power to return electrical items if they dont help so after going after any vaccum leaks , bad grounding points we tried new distributor & power transistor , finally a new MAF sensor got it running great again for about 25 miles of driving then it started same symtoms again he thought the first new maf senor might of been faulty so he again got a new one for me again ran great for about 30 miles its starting all over again but not quite as bad.

funny things if I turn the motor off and resart it sometimes it will run good again for a short while..
like something is resetting by turning the motor off. MY Mechanic now thinks the ecu is going bad causing the timing and fuel mix issues. I have read some things on the forum about people mentioning the coolent temp sensor can also cause similiar probs I changed the one that controls the fan about 2 yrs ago and the temp gauge is working from the other sensor ? so dont think the temp sensor would be a issue ? s has anyone experience this ? any way to check ecu ?

I was looking online at reman ecu like 350.00 is there any way to check these ? going to a junk yard seems risky

. I always drive this car easy due to its my only transpotation any sugesstions from some of you all that have experienced something like this and have suggestions or other tests WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!

Scott

Tags
great, maf, miles, ran