Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
For all of you with the P0505 code Forums > > For all of you with the P0505 code For all of you with the P0505 code
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 07-05-2009, 08:28 PM
saskboy

Default For all of you with the P0505 code

My car is idling very high and surging slightly. I have read up on other posts about this already so my question is should I replace just the aac valve or do the ecm and valve at the same time. Can the new aac valve get damaged from a faulty ecm (not thinking so). A place on ebay will rebuild ecm but wants you to put on new valve and tps sensor also, why the tps? Also whats the big deal about unplugging the motor mounts, do i have to replace them or something also? Cant see how the motor mounts would have anything to do with this problem. Thanks for any replies, Im a jouneyman heavy duty mech so dont dumb it down too much
Old 07-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
my question is should I replace just the aac valve or do the ecm and valve at the same time
I suggest replacing the valve first. If that doesn't work then you may replace the ECM.

Quote:
Can the new aac valve get damaged from a faulty ecm (not thinking so).
Not that I know.

Quote:
A place on ebay will rebuild ecm but wants you to put on new valve and tps sensor also, why the tps?
Don't know.

Quote:
Also whats the big deal about unplugging the motor mounts, do i have to replace them or something also?
Not just unplug it. The mounts can also damage your ECM.

There is step motor in the mounts as well as in the AAC valve. Both motors are controlled by the ECM. When the motors fail, it will overheat the wiring and damage the ECM.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:09 PM
saskboy

Thanks for the reply! So should I leave the mounts plugged in if there isnt a problem? What does leaving them unplugged as some suggest do to the car? I would think your SES would come on if they were unplugged?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:20 PM
2001 Maxima
2008 Altima

I don't think there are stepper motors in the mounts, but the mounts can blow your ecu engine computer, then causing it to blow other engine components.
My wife bought new Altima last year, as she loved her (now mine) 01 Maxima.
If I had known there was less protection to servo control units than a $40.99 VCR we would have never bought another Nissan
Unplug them, and you may just get a ripple of coffee jiggle below 1000 rpm. That's all their designed for. V6 is inherently unbalanced.

Tags
code, p0505