Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Forums > > > > View Comments and Ratings
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Access denied NTB07-042c
-REVISED-
ALL NISSAN MODELS WITH VQ ENGINE; BUZZING / WHINING NOISE FROM TIMING CHAIN AREA
There is a buzzing / whining noise coming from one or both secondary timing chain /camshaft sprocket areas. The noise may increase with engine speed (RPM).

Discussion Thread

Category 2005 Xterra 

Send to Friend Suggest other entries I might like
12-14-2009
340.20 Kbytes Hits 2960
Keywords: chain timing noise
Comments/ratings
0 * Mobro 05-24-2009 04:16 PM
I have the extended warranty and 66,000 km (in Canada) therefore less than 60,000 miles. Can anyone tell me if these guys will give me a hard time or will they honour this and fix it under the extended warranty and also that it is less than 60,000 miles. I like to go in forewarned because I have had battles with these guys before.
0 * firejuan 07-27-2008 10:31 AM
brought a nismo from the aution in PA, I live in baltimore, MD. My repair guy heard this sound, and talked to one of his contacts at the dearler ship, and told him of this --SERVICE BULLETIN-- nissan will repair all vehicles up to 60,000 miles.

My truck is at the dearler ship right know, tommorow will be two-weeks. I will let you know how it runs when I get it back
0 * [email protected] 08-21-2007 01:37 PM
Took my 2005 nismo frontier to the dealership with these symptoms right before the end of the warranty (before the bulliten had been issued) and all the mechanics said that they heard the noise but werent sure what it was and therefore couldnt and wouldnt be able to do anything about it. Going to take it back and see what they can do for me now being I am out of the waranty. Has anyone had this problem, and if so, has anyone been misforutnate enough to pop a timing chain or anything bad like that?

Sort by