Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
NTB07-069a Forums > > NTB07-069a NTB07-069a
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Latest Uploads Latest Knowledgebase Uploads

Old 10-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Default NTB07-069a

A new entry has been added to Knowledgebase

Description:
-REVISED-
2005-2008 NISSAN FRONTIER, XTERRA, PATHFINDER; FUEL GAUGE ISSUES &/OR DTC P0461/2/3
The fuel gauge is erratic, inaccurate, or inoperative.
And/or
The MIL is “ON” with DTC P0461, P0462, or P0463 stored in Self-Diagnosis.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit NTB07-069a
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:33 AM
MassPathy

Hi... a question about the coverage for this particular issue. I seem to have this issue on my 06 Pathfinder LE with 46K miles (going to AutoZone to pull the code to confirm). Just happened last night right after gassing up. DTE guage read ------ and gas gauge went to empty with low gas light on. SES light came on. I re-checked the gas cap even though I've been very careful about sealing it. Driving home on highway trip, the gauge started to go up VERY slowly and the DTE numbers went up intermittently.
My real question is after reading the Service Bulletin referenced here, it states for the dealer to replace the fuel level sending unit and submit a claim called "Primary part failure". Does this mean that someone like me, out-of-warranty will not have to pay for the repair, or am I dreaming?! Any info would be helpful. Thanks much. John
Old 01-30-2008, 07:06 PM

2005 Pathfinder

Hi everyone- I also have been hit with the fuel sending unit bug. Wondering if any of you eventually received warranty coverage for this? I own a 2005 Pathfinder (47K) and a 2002 maxima (until last year I owned a 1993 maxima and 1999.5 Pathfinder SE). Generally, when something goes wrong on a Nissan, it seems to hit them all (should I mention Bose in the third gen. Maxima)! Sorry.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:54 PM
gregboles4

I just said screw it and bought a Toyota!!!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:28 PM
ajwarrior

I've been hit by the FLSU bug also and have been told buy Nissan NA they won't help me. However the dealership I've been talking with is trying to cut the cost of replacement/repair for me. In addition I've gone out to Safercar.gov and called their number (888-327-4236) and filed a complaint. This is NHTSA by the way. What I would like to ask all to do is call the number and file a complaint as well... strength in numbers! Then maybe we can get some satisfaction.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Nissan AZ

Default Fuel sending unit

I dont know how old your vehicle is and warranty you have, but mine is 2 yrs old with an extended warranty and 18,000 miles on it. I have a nissan frontier 06 SE. Now why the heck did I buy a brand new vehicle only to find a a fuel gauge broken after 2 years and Nissan wont cover. Is nissan USA a bunch of crooks or what? Will you buy another Nissan? Do we consumers deserve this crap? I dont know-but this is my last nissan vehicle
Old 05-01-2008, 12:42 PM
shawnx1

Default i had this problem yesterday

not sure if this will help anyone but i had this problem last night after filling up. Gas gauge went all the way past E turned the car off started it back up boom full tank. OOOPPS now the service engine soon lights on damn. ok fine needed a oil change anyway went to the dealer they checked the code told me it was code p0463 and it be $150.00 to check it out. was hmm ok not right now. Went home disconnected the battery for 30 mins started it up light is off. logged on here found this bullitin called the dealer asked him what i can do thats when he asked me hey did u have the key on like listening to the radio when you were filling up hey i did. not sure if that was the problem but hey it worked so far for me. Lights still off gas gauge still working

Last edited by shawnx1; 05-01-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:47 PM
ajwarrior

I've actually discovered that when I fill up that if I shut off the engine but leave the key in the ignition with the ignition on I don't get the problem. Also I get to watch the gas needle climb while the tank fills. After it is full I don't turn the ignition off but rather crank the engine up. Doing this has solved the problem temporarily. I'm taking the Pathfinder in this weekend to have it fixed... got Nissan to pay for the FLSU and O-ring, I'm paying the labor and the dealership has discounted that for me.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:51 AM
2006 Xterra
2006 Xterra

I have a Xterra 2006 and code P0463, which I found out my self with a friends code reader. I went to the Nissan dealer and asked what it would cost to fix and they said at least $700and I couldn't do it my self because it is hard to get to. That seems a little steep for a newer vehicle with 50,000miles on it. Is there any thing I can do my self to fix this?? I don't have this kind of money. I bought a Nissan because I thought they didn't have problems? Humm.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:11 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by scontks View Post
I have a Xterra 2006 and code P0463, which I found out my self with a friends code reader. I went to the Nissan dealer and asked what it would cost to fix and they said at least $700and I couldn't do it my self because it is hard to get to. That seems a little steep for a newer vehicle with 50,000miles on it. Is there any thing I can do my self to fix this?? I don't have this kind of money. I bought a Nissan because I thought they didn't have problems? Humm.
You could fix several of those for that kind of money. I think the parts are less than $100.00. We usually get a couple hours to change them so it should be closer to $300.00 for the repair. It's not that difficult. The fuel tank has to be removed but it is only held in by the 2 straps with 3 bolts.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:23 AM
2006 Xterra
2006 Xterra

Thanks for the information!
Old 05-14-2009, 10:12 AM
MassPathy

Hi, Scontks... I had been in on this thread a long time back as I had the same issue... fuel sending unit. Told by Nissan dealers that while the fuel PUMP is part of the powertrain, the fuel SENDING unit is not. I wrote a letter to the President of Nissan USA... yep... explained how I was on my second Nissan and that this issue is rampart and needs to be addressed asap. I told him that absent his help, I would not buy another Nissan. The story ends with a call from my dealer and the regional rep: covered at no charge. Worth a shot!

JJ
Old 05-15-2009, 11:02 PM
2006 Xterra
2006 Xterra

Humm, I am thinking this is worth the fight, Thanks
Old 05-17-2009, 10:51 AM
MassPathy

Hi Scontks... I'm not sure if he's still the guy, but here's who I wrote to with my dissatisfaction and he made it happen, or his people did anyway.

Mr. Carlos Ghosn, President & CEO
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin TN 37064

I'd reference the many, many similar issues, the service bulletin, potential for harm to your kids when traveling (if you have them|), and how you have always bought Nissan, but now you just might not.... good luck. Let me know. If was worth the three weeks and effort in my opinion.

|Mass|Pathy
Old 05-19-2009, 02:59 PM
2006 Xterra
2006 Xterra

Thanks for the information MassPathy. Good point about the kids, yes I have 2. I appreciate you getting the name and address for me. Thanks J

Tags
ntba