Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
NTB07-069a Forums > > NTB07-069a NTB07-069a
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Latest Uploads Latest Knowledgebase Uploads

Old 12-05-2009, 05:57 PM
tawah

Just an FYI

My 2005 Pathfinder was having the same issues as many of you (MIL code P0463 after tank gets to 1/4 tank, and fuel gauge going wacky). I resigned myself to bending over and paying the man to fix the problem, so I called one of the local dealers to get a price quote on repairing the fuel level sending unit and was told it would be approx $400-450, which I promply said thank you and hung up. I then call another local dealer to get a quote and was told that the repair would be under warranty if my pathfinder was under 5 years/60K miles....When can I bring my SUV in!! Just got it back and it WAS covered under warranty. I didn't ask any questions and said thank you very much!! So I have no flipin clue why this one dealership covered the repairs.
Hope this may help some of you.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Amber Woodruff

Default 2006 Xterra Off Road

The problem I found, is the fuel sending unit. In doing research on the internet, I am quite surprised to find a substantial number of people discussing the same problem. (Check engine light on, gas doesn't always register, especially once it dips below 3/4 of a tank). I would think with this many people having the same problem, Nissan would have recalled and replaced the flawed part. On a side note, my CD player went out at about 20k miles and my gas light problem started at 43k miles.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:59 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawah View Post
Just an FYI

My 2005 Pathfinder was having the same issues as many of you (MIL code P0463 after tank gets to 1/4 tank, and fuel gauge going wacky). I resigned myself to bending over and paying the man to fix the problem, so I called one of the local dealers to get a price quote on repairing the fuel level sending unit and was told it would be approx $400-450, which I promply said thank you and hung up. I then call another local dealer to get a quote and was told that the repair would be under warranty if my pathfinder was under 5 years/60K miles....When can I bring my SUV in!! Just got it back and it WAS covered under warranty. I didn't ask any questions and said thank you very much!! So I have no flipin clue why this one dealership covered the repairs.
Hope this may help some of you.
They made a mistake. Nissan will not reimburse them. But it's good that you didn't have to pay.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:01 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by upNover View Post
Not around my area.... (DC, MD, VA)
Nissan recently doubled the price on the part.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:54 AM
MassPathy

Default That's how it's done!

Congrats on writing to Goshen and following up about this fault in Nissan products. THE person charged with maintaining brand loyalty is the president of Nissan No. America.... everyone else has an agenda....$$ in thier pockets.
Polite, respectful and to the point works.

Well done!

MassPathy
Old 02-19-2010, 04:04 PM
hockeyeast

Default 2006 frontier

Hmmmm....any recent updates on the P0463 code (fuel level sensor a. high input). My 2006 frontier has just started doing the same thing..
I bought this truck as my toyota frame rusted out. Picked up my 9000 dollar check at the toyota dealer and walked across the road and bought this truck. Literally. Guess where I am going monday? I'll keep you updated.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:10 PM
hockeyeast

Default UPDATE UPDATE Fuel sending unit!!!!

Just to let everyone know that my Nissan Dealer replaced my fuel sending unit today at no charge to me. . I hope this helps out for anyone who might be having the same problem I had. There is a service bull. on this so I hope everyone is covered.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:25 PM
hockeyeast

So far so good...no more lite!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:04 AM
2006 Xterra
2006 Xterra

Default Extended Limited Warranty

I just got a letter from Nissan extending the warranty to 72 months/72,000 miles to fix the fuel sending unit for years 2005-2008. Unfortunetly it doesn't help me since I have 81,000 on my 2006 Xterra. I will call and try to get that extended, but for you people out there who still have the problem and have under that in miles, go for it. Also, those who have had it fixed and paid for it, you can be reimbursed. The phone number they list is 1-800-867-7669 or www.nissanassist.com Finally some good news!
Old 11-11-2010, 12:55 PM
2005 Pathfinder
2005 Pathfinder Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scontks View Post
I just got a letter from Nissan extending the warranty to 72 months/72,000 miles to fix the fuel sending unit for years 2005-2008. Unfortunetly it doesn't help me since I have 81,000 on my 2006 Xterra. I will call and try to get that extended, but for you people out there who still have the problem and have under that in miles, go for it. Also, those who have had it fixed and paid for it, you can be reimbursed. The phone number they list is 1-800-867-7669 or www.nissanassist.com Finally some good news!
thanks very much for posting this!! Here in Canada, I had no recall letter and Nissan Canada tried brushing me off, so I called Nissan USA/North America and they made it happen! So, thanks again!!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:13 PM
2006 Xterra
2006 Xterra

Default Yeah!

Good! I am glad your Nissan is getting fixed!
I called the number my self and they said I was out of luck because I had to many miles on it. I said well if you had sent the letter in a timely manner I wouldn't be over the set mileage. Also, I drive my car! (put miles on it) That is why I bought a Nissan so I could drive it a long time without problems. So, now they wanted me to get a diagnostic test done on it by Nissan and I said I couldn't afford it. I already did it myself and checked the code. They offered to give me a $110 credit towards the diagnostic if I took it to the dealer. No promises, but after the test they will look into the case I have with them! Story continues.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:56 PM
2005 Pathfinder
2005 Pathfinder Off-Road

actually, mine was repaired 18months ago, at 45k miles. Now, thanks to this, I'm getting a refund...
Old 03-28-2011, 02:31 PM
xxxterra

Angry

I just bought a used 2007 Xterra from Trophy in Mesquite Tx less than a month ago. The vehicle was not covered under warranty as per the higher mileage on it. Today I was at around 1/4 on the highway and noticed my SES light on. I then took it staight to autozone where it gave a p0463 message. I had read about this problem before I made my purchase but I overlooked it and figured Nissan would have recalled and fixed this issue. Now I am a believer and after reading that some people have had to replace this part 4 times I am scared. I called the dealership and the quoted me $$$500-600. I have seen some have sucess with letters and "good faith" dealerships but it seems like the fault may be in the part itself or help us all the design if after it gets replaced it's not long until it's out again. Ack....bad taste in my mouth
Old 03-30-2011, 01:55 PM
2006 Xterra
2006 Xterra

Default Fuel sensor repair update

As far as the end result in my car it was quite the battle. Nissan would not honor the extended warranty for me. They said sorry about 10 times and then no, partially because I do my own servicing and not by a Nissan dealer. But I was miss lead when I got the service credit. It was not explained to me that it was a one-time credit for any service. If I had known I would have paid for the cheaper diagnostic and used it for the actual repair. I ended up writing a letter to Nissan in Tennessee, President, Consumer Affair, and Sales Marketing. They gave me a credit, forgot how they worded it, and it covered almost 3/4 of the repair bill. I was grateful for the monetary help but still think the extended warranty should have a longer time frame. It did take them a long time to provide such coverage. I wonder how many others could not get their car fixed due to mileage? As far as your situation, your at least a second owner with probably no maintenance history and high mileage. Good luck! If money is an issue, there are web sites that will help you fix it yourself or maybe you have a friend that could help. The parts are cheaper now than when I first looked into it. I was not aware of the part failing again after replacement. Hopefully they have re-engineered the part. So far so good for me! I had my car fixed almost 2 months ago.

Also, please take note Nissan fixed another part that was made a "recall". Please check it out, cause you car should be able to get fixed for the new recall. Sorry again, I don't have all the information in front of me but check it out on a web site. Good Luck! J Oh ya, the total bill was around $479 in Northern California for the sensor fix.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:31 AM
BJ FLASH

I guess you all know there is a Recall for the fuel sending unit in the gas tank right? I guess I'm more lucky than some of you I was just having the ECM changed last week for a Recall. So I mentioned the problem with the fuel gage going wild. And they told me there is a recall for that also but they needed it for 3 hours today and no charge. I don't know maybe you should check on the Recalls for yours.

Tags
ntba