Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Intelligent Key Troubles! Forums > > Intelligent Key Troubles! Intelligent Key Troubles!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Juke Nissan Juke Discussion Forum

Old 07-26-2012, 05:17 PM
2012 Juke

Exclamation Intelligent Key Troubles!

I bought my Juke 2 weeks ago and have spent over 5.5 hours at the dealer ship for issues that I never should have drove off the lot with. The diagnostic port was not working, the computer memory was disabled, I could not see out of the windows in sunlight due to a protective film that should have been taken off by detail, and there was a large ding in the driver side door handle from transporting the vehicle. The last one is what I am currently having a problem with. The service department removed my door handle to repaint it and now it will not lock using the intelligent key system and the button on the outside. It unlocks no problem. I really don't want to have to go back to the dealer again. Does anyone know how I can reset the key on my own? I could not find the answer through the manuals nor an extensive google search. The Nissan website is useless and if I have to go back to the dealer I'm liable to blow a stack. Please, HELP!!
Old 07-28-2012, 04:53 AM
2015 Rogue

They may not have fully connected the wires to the switch or the key cylinder may be disconnected. The only way to check would be to remove the door panel and look. Does the key work in the driver's door lock?
ASE Master Certified.

Tags
intelligent, key, troubles