Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
05 maxima rust problem and steering Forums > > 05 maxima rust problem and steering 05 maxima rust problem and steering
Forgot Password? Join Us!

General Chat Off Topic Post. Sports, News, Events, Meets and Shows. (No technical Issues)

Old 05-24-2017, 05:56 PM
2005 Maxima

Default 05 maxima rust problem and steering

I just had the rusted out passenger floor pan fixed, that seems to be happening to a lot people. My car only has 53k miles on it. The driver side was perfectly fine, do I need to worry about that rusting out one day?

The steering problem that has started when the car has been shut off for a while and I reverse out of my drive way and the turn the wheel to straighten the car out the wheel locks up \ freezes for a second 2-4 times before I can straighten out the car. Then everything is fine even if I stop after a short drive and reverse again the problem is gone until the car is sitting for 8-12 hours. Anyone else experience this? It also doesn't happen every day.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:10 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by np05 View Post
I just had the rusted out passenger floor pan fixed, that seems to be happening to a lot people. My car only has 53k miles on it. The driver side was perfectly fine, do I need to worry about that rusting out one day?

The steering problem that has started when the car has been shut off for a while and I reverse out of my drive way and the turn the wheel to straighten the car out the wheel locks up \ freezes for a second 2-4 times before I can straighten out the car. Then everything is fine even if I stop after a short drive and reverse again the problem is gone until the car is sitting for 8-12 hours. Anyone else experience this? It also doesn't happen every day.
It is usually the u-joint in the lower steering shaft binding.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:39 AM
2005 Maxima

Thanks. I'll take a look at that soon.

Tags
maxima, problem, rust, steering