Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan Warranty discussion Forums > > Nissan Warranty discussion Nissan Warranty discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

General Chat Off Topic Post. Sports, News, Events, Meets and Shows. (No technical Issues)

Old 12-22-2009, 02:55 PM
2010 Sentra
2009 Versa

Smile Nissan Warranty discussion

I have some questions about Nissan Warranties. I know to save my reciepts so I can prove my oil changes. I plan on using synthetic because I bought a knew car and want to get 200K out of it. The factor warranties the transmission for 36K, are CVT's warranteed longer or is that only with an extension? I read they could go 120K.

I know that if I changed my oil every 15K with synthetic or 6 months, it would not affect the car, but that would void the warranty, so I will change every 7000 to 7500 to keep the warranty. I don't drive in severe conditions, but I do put alot of miles on my car.

I searched the nissan site, and the GTR comes with Mobil synthetic 0w-40. I plan to use the Mobil Advance Fuel Economy 0w-30. I estimate with gas savings, I will pay about $20 per oil change, three times a year which is what I normally pay with Mobile Clean 5000 (per oil change). I use the mobil filters too.

If I replace the spark plugs with the Bosh Yritidium & Platinum plugs, will this void the warranty?

What kind of common mistakes do people make that void thier warranties? I plan to have an inspection done at least once a year by a professional, bumper to bumper and follow the schedule II maintance schedule.

Has anybody here been denied repair service because Nissan told you that you violated the warranty?
Old 12-22-2009, 06:46 PM
2015 Rogue

The transmissions are covered for 5 years or 60k miles unless it is a cvt and then it is covered 10 years or 120k.
DO NOT PUT BOSCH PLUGS IN A NISSAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They do not like them. Stick with NGK plugs.

The biggest mistake people make that can void warranty coverage is not changing the oil in the car. I have probably seen 10 cars in the past couple months that were 10,000 to 20,000 miles over due for an oil change. I actually had one in today that was due at 6000 miles. The car had 22,000 miles on it and the customer declined to have the oil changed even after we told her that it was that far over due. These are usually the people who come in screaming when their engine blows up and we ask for maintenance records. Of course they never have records but they insist they have done the maintenance.
It is amazing how many people don't do the oil changes. If you keep up on the oil changes on these cars they will last a long time.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:58 PM
2010 Sentra
2009 Versa

Good thing to know about the plugs. Where can I buy some NKG plugs? I ussually go to autozone
Old 12-25-2009, 04:47 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by whicky1978 View Post
Good thing to know about the plugs. Where can I buy some NKG plugs? I ussually go to autozone
Just about every parts store sells them.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:07 PM
2010 Sentra
2009 Versa

I've done a little reading and it seems like that if I add cruise control to my sentra, I could void part of the warranty? And there is only after market cruise control kits?
Old 12-26-2009, 06:17 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by whicky1978 View Post
I've done a little reading and it seems like that if I add cruise control to my sentra, I could void part of the warranty? And there is only after market cruise control kits?
The aftermarket cruise control requires several wires to be cut and spliced. It will not completely void your warranty but if you have an electrical problem you could have issues getting it repaired under warranty.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:33 PM
kr4va12

Bosch plugs are ok for nissans,, my daughers 99 had over 100k on bosch and they were still firing but worn out
Old 01-01-2010, 01:21 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4va12 View Post
Bosch plugs are ok for nissans,, my daughers 99 had over 100k on bosch and they were still firing but worn out
Try them in a Nissan with coil over plug design and you will change your mind. I have had several cars come in with misfires caused by the Bosh platinum plugs. Every one of them had just changed the plugs. We replace them with NGK plugs and they run fine.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:33 AM
frontierplus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
The aftermarket cruise control requires several wires to be cut and spliced. It will not completely void your warranty but if you have an electrical problem you could have issues getting it repaired under warranty.
I read in the Service Manual that, because of CAN requirements, any splicing or connecting to applicable systems should be soldered or risk possible malfunctions and loss of coverage of warranty (see BRC-67, 176, 296; LAN-3, 37)
I am installing a Rostra on mine and playing by the rules; I may need warranty work later and prefer to not leave them an easy way to deny warranty coverage.

Hope this helps.

Tags
discussion, nissan, oil change, spark plugs, warranty