Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 frontier nismo Forums > > 2005 frontier nismo 2005 frontier nismo
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 03-03-2016, 07:01 PM
2005 Frontier Crew Cab

Default 2005 frontier nismo

Hey everyone, I was wondering if you could tell me where the speed sensor(not abs) is located. I have the 4.0 v6. I also have issues with the brake lights....the one above cab works but not the other 2. I have checked the brake switch and made sure all bulbs are good. All fuses and the relay I checked was good as well. Is there anything else I can check? I'm thinking I have a wire issue. I have reverse lights, all running lights and blinkers. Thank you for your time.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

The speed sensor it's also called "Revolution Sensor" and is inside the transmission. The sensor is part of transmission valve body.

The stop lights system is very simple, just check if you have 12 volts (battery voltage) at the yellow and red wires of the rear lamps with the brake pedal depress. If you do, then there is a problem with the socket or bulbs. If you don't have any voltage, the the problem is the replay or brake switch. Also, make sure you have ground at the black wire.

2005 frontier nismo-capture-png
Attached Thumbnails
2005 frontier nismo-capture-png  
Old 04-28-2016, 06:28 AM
2005 Frontier Crew Cab

2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4x4 crew cab
I drove my truck home one day and parked for 2 mins, when i went back to start the truck, it started ok and then shut off and since then, every time i start the truck it takes forever to start (looooooong cranks) but what i have noticed is that it also affect the driving performance (weak power).

my truck has been in the garage for over a month know. i replaced the crank position sensor and starter and still same problem.

Can anyone please help me with this if you have any information, will greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by dougie; 04-28-2016 at 06:29 AM. Reason: missing info
Old 04-28-2016, 09:18 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Did they confirm the fuel pressure was within specs?
Old 04-28-2016, 08:01 PM
2005 Frontier Crew Cab

yes we did !
Old 04-29-2016, 09:58 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

I've heard of some vehicles having similar issues due to a bad cam position sensor and sometimes they won't trigger codes, but it's hard to say one is bad, or which one, without a code other than back-probing the sensor (not easily done since it's on the back of the head) and viewing the signal pattern using an oscilloscope, which not everybody has at their disposal. We did have one vehicle, an R51 Pathfinder V6, on another forum that had starting issues and it turned out to be a badly cracked flexplate.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:40 AM
2005 Frontier Crew Cab

Default Nismo 4x4

We changed the crank position sensor, then we checked starter motor, then we checked flex plate, then we checked fuel pressure, then we checked wiring harness and all those seem to be fine. We then replaced the two Cam position sensor and after all of that the problem still exist so we checked the engine timing, and thats good too.
I am now at a cross road as what to do. Please help !!!!
However for the previous replies, thank you very much.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:03 AM
2000 Truck

Hi, for your brake light, you need a 12 volt test light, start probing the wire for power, start at the brake pedal and fuse to the light bulb, test if bulb has a negative ground to it.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:37 PM
2005 Frontier Crew Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie View Post
We changed the crank position sensor, then we checked starter motor, then we checked flex plate, then we checked fuel pressure, then we checked wiring harness and all those seem to be fine. We then replaced the two Cam position sensor and after all of that the problem still exist so we checked the engine timing, and thats good too.
I am now at a cross road as what to do. Please help !!!!
However for the previous replies, thank you very much.
Codes P0011 and P0021 are both set now. In addition to the corrective actions noted by Dougie, we replaced both cam position solenoids, and put a heavier weight single viscosity oil in. All of this after replacing timing chains, tensioners and guides. After the last "corrective action (heavier oil) the code(s) appeared after 35 miles of normal driving, combined city and highway. The only thing that we have not done is replace coolant temperature sensor. Them gauge is reading a little below half way. Golly this is getting expensive and frustrating.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:12 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

If those codes appeared after the timing chains were replaced, then one or more of the timing chains, most likely the primary chain, was likely installed out of time. I've seen it before and, unfortunately, it means the front cover of the engine will need to be removed, again.

Tags
2005, frontier, nismo