Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Service Engine Soon Light Forums > > Service Engine Soon Light Service Engine Soon Light
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 01-29-2007, 11:10 AM
alibaba2003

Default Service Engine Soon Light

The SES light on my truck (01 Frontier, 4 cylinders, 78K miles) comes on. It flashes several times and stays steady while I'm driving. The error code is P0303. I replaced the spark plugs, wire set, distributor cap & rotor. Unfortunately, the problem still persists. What should I do? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:13 PM
sloned

First thing you need to do is scan your truck. write down all the error codes you get. they erase the codes (if you have a scanner that can also erase codes). If you do not erase the codes the ECU will keep them stored in the memory and that could cause the SES to stay on. let me know if you need any more help.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:24 AM
alibaba2003

Error codes has been erased, but SES light has come back. I can feel moderate engine vibration when the vehicle is accelerated or decelerated, and the SES light flashes several times and then it stays steady. Any ideas?
Old 02-07-2007, 05:23 AM
Xterraclamper

Is the returning code P0303?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:54 AM
alibaba2003

Yes. P0303-- misfire detected in cylinder #3.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:35 AM
Z06

Recheck new wires and plugs. Make sure they are not touching a hot surface and melted. Is it fuel injected? Has the fuel system been serviced. Maybe run a bottle of Techron through it. GL
R
Old 02-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Silver_Moss_S14

Hey guys, sorry to hijack the thread, I'm new here and just trying to help my buddy out. He's got a 2002 Frontier 3.3L and he's getting the code P0455. I've tried googling and searching multiple Nissan forums that I'm a member of to find the codes and causes for them but haven't found much. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I know it's got something to do with the EVAP or PCV but what specifically could be the issue and what do you suggest is the first step?

Last edited by Silver_Moss_S14; 02-11-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:54 AM
Mondaymorningqb

I don't have the code translations in front of me but normally, a blinking SES means that the emissions system is not running correctly. Hopefully you just need to clean the EGR valve. However, you might need to replace it or you may need an overhaul on your catalytic convertor.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:27 PM
alibaba2003

Exclamation

I brought my truck to the repair shop. The mechanic performed the daignostic, and he recommended the following services:

1) Replace the front oxygen sensor
2) Replace the fuel filter, and clean the fuel line
3) Fuel injection clean
4) Replace the crankshaft position sensor

The total cost would be around $500. Do you think his recommendation and the price are reasonable? Your comments are greatly appreciated!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:39 AM
simeon smith

Default SES Light & Engine Cleaner

SES Light came on at about 48Kmi in a few months ago. I always add fuel injector/intake valve cleaner to gas tank at every oil change. SES Light went out within one tank of gas. :)
Old 12-28-2015, 12:35 PM
2003 Frontier Crew Cab

Default 2003 Frontier Supercharged Flashing SES at startup

I'm having a similar issue with my 2003 Frontier flashing the SES light on cold starts. It will smoke and stumble till it gets warm. Once it warms up it clears up and runs and idles great again.

Being the truck is supercharged I figured it was watered, bad, or switched octane gas. I have changed the filter several times and found it to be water and dirt. I've run several good clean tanks through without any issues till today. We got a cold snap over the weekend and the truck was once again bitching and blowing blue smoke. Supercharger was load and engine was stumbling like it did with bad gas. Once the engine got warm it ran perfect again. SES light is off, no codes to pull.

Please note, this only happens on a cold start in the morning. It's not leaking or blowing oil. It's not blowing or leaking coolant. I have had several other frontiers but this is my first supercharged. Plugs changed at 65k by dealer. Have just over 105k on her. She has been great till I got bad gas.

If anyone has suggestion please let me know.

Thanks..
Old 12-29-2015, 09:56 AM
Enthusiast
2016 Frontier Crew Cab
2012 Frontier King Cab
2012 Frontier King Cab

It could be a sticking fuel injector, thanks to the bad fuel. I have had some success with a couple bottles of 3M fuel injection cleaner added via the fuel tank. Recently had a similar cold start issue with my '08 Frontier, and it seems to have cleared the problem.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:45 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Grant,

I believe I would try some Chevron Techron in the Gas Tank and see if the engine improve's. If yes,, that's good.

If no,, then I would take it by Nissan and let them give you an estimate.

HTH

Tags
engine, light, service