Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
P0328 amd P0442 Forums > > P0328 amd P0442 P0328 amd P0442
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 03-04-2009, 09:31 AM
divamotha

Default P0328 amd P0442

I know P0328 is a knock sensor. I have a 2002 Nissan Frontier crew cap w/super charger. How difficult is this to replace? Also, the emission test indicated code P0442. Could be a number of things; i.e., problem with fuel hose, clamps or loose gas cap. How can I determine what it is or at least narrow it down to what it isn't? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

Nissan OBD-II Trouble Code P0442 here you go it has a diagram for you

i dont know if u had the recall done but a few on here and last one is for the supercharger frontier Knowledgebase - 2002 Frontier - Nissanhelp.com

Knowledgebase - 2002 Frontier - Nissanhelp.com this is the link to the service manual(u want the engine control section) that should have a information on both of your codes and with diagrams. i think i might have seen a writeup fo rthe knock sensor but i would try to get the other code 1st before doing the knock sensor

edit: yeah here you go its for a 3.3 liter so should be similar. its to do the relocation of knock sensor to make it esier to replace cause it sits in the valley and kind of hard to get to but he shows usome pic and a writre up 3.3L Knock Sensor Relocation

also if u want check this thread out http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/front...-location.html

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate

Last edited by sergey85; 03-04-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:19 AM
divamotha

Default P0328/p0442

Thanks for the info. Any idea what repair costs should be? I priced the knock sensor and best price was $152.82. I was quoted a repair cost of approx. $700 to fix the problem in order for me to pass the emission test for state inspection. (I live in PA and we have state inspection). I think this is price is unreasonable, in fact it could be more!

Tags
amd, p0328, p0442