Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Frontier Clutch  and Warranty problems Forums > > Frontier Clutch  and Warranty problems Frontier Clutch and Warranty problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 01-08-2009, 10:33 AM
rogerwxman

Angry Frontier Clutch and Warranty problems

Two clutches burnt out in 20,000 KM! I purchased a new Frontier from the local dealer here in Tobago (WI) in 2006. First clutch went at 5000 KM. They had no idea why this happened. They refused warranty claim. Next clutch went at 20K and the flywheel was shot due overheating. Had to wait 4 weeks for new parts. Again warranty refused - clutch going is "fair wear and tear"! I have driven for 40 years - all types of vehicle all over the world. Even used to go sand dune bashing in the UAE desert with our Nissan Patrol. Only clutch I had go was an old banger with 100K miles on the clock. I have never overloaded this vehicle and I have not heard of anyone else having problems. Any ideas, suggestions?
Old 01-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

I find it hard to believe that you went thru not one but two clutch assy.in 20,000 miles. There is an alingment problem somewhere.First clutch maybe, second time around they should have taken a closer look at the big picture and tryed to figure out just what the problem is. My guess was the flywheel was not true from the first falure and that in itself destroyed the second clutch. A dial indicator is a wonderful thing and would have saved someone alot of headache.Try using the 1-800 # in your owners manual.

Tags
clutch, frontier, problems, warranty