Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Very bumpy ride Forums > > Very bumpy ride Very bumpy ride
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 12-25-2008, 12:42 AM
vinboy

Default Very bumpy ride

hi
my nissan frontier 2005 is very very dumpy. Even when going over small rocks/holes.

any solution??
Old 12-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

You don't mention if this is normal - have you always had a rough ride or is this something new?

Have you checked the air in your tires? Have you checked the suspension?

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store
Old 12-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

yeah agree with vpnavy. one way to check the suspension is do a bounce check.push down on one of the sides and it should only bounce once or twice and return to normal position but if its more than that then u might want to have them checked.

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 12-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

My 05 has i juess what you might call a stiff ride even after 58,000 miles.What brand of tires do you have and how many miles do you have on them?Mine came with Generals and were a bit stiff in the side wall area.I've since switched to B.F.G's and the ride did improve somewhat.The B.F.G's are better in the snow and seem to be alittle more quite. I run about 36psi to help keep the TPMS light off in the winter.I still have stock shocks but plan to upgrade to Monroe's.I hope this has shed some light on your truck.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:47 AM

2002 Frontier XE

Default Dumpy Ride

I know you have a 2005, but my 2002 rear shocks both broke at the axle. Gave quite a dumpy ride within the Cab.Talking to the shock repair shop (Cole Muffler), they said that that is
a common occurrance with the Nissan Pickups (Frontier).
They were both stock shocks and I had never abused the truck. Mostly a commuter.Never heard of that before, but they both broke at the weak weld joint on the original shock.I replaced since with Monro Shocks.
2002 Frontier XE Auto.

Tags
bumpy, ride