Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 SE airbag off and warning light illuminated Forums > > 2007 SE airbag off and warning light illuminated 2007 SE airbag off and warning light illuminated
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 03-11-2008, 10:56 AM
newmansgraphics

Default 2007 SE airbag off and warning light illuminated

This is my first post as i just found this website today. Yesterday i removed my passenger seat, in doing so i had to dissconnect the two plugs from the seat. I alos installed a new stereo as well. After putting everything back together correctly i turned on the truck and found that the passenger airbag light stays illuminated (indicating airbag off) and the airbag warning light flashes. Does anyone have a fix for this probleme, mybae a way to reset the sensors? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-11-2008, 12:12 PM
98MAXSE

Try this procedure that works 100% of the time for me.
Get in car and leave door open.
Inset key and turn to ON, not start.
Immediately after turning key on press switch in door pillar 7 times in 10 seconds.
Start car without turning to Off first. (light should blink slower)
Turn off car and restart. Light should go out.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:41 PM
newmansgraphics

I appreciate it, but no such luck. i tried it about 10 times and the light still blinks the same and both airbag lights are still illuminated.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:07 PM
98MAXSE

Well, you have an 07 model. Which means that all should still be under warrantee. Take it to ur local dealer and they should be able to turn it off / fix it for free.

You will undoubtly have to play dumb and say that it came on all by itself.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:44 PM
newmansgraphics

Yeah they would probably laugh at me, but hey man i appreciate the help. I actually found the answer to my problemes in another forum on this website -http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/frontier-hb/3509-help-resetting-airbag-warning-light.html I had to like turn it on and off 3 times and wait 5 seconds and a bunch of other crap, but it worked first shot. Thank again for the help!!!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 03:18 PM
nimnifnof

Yep, this'll do it:

1. Put key in. Turn the key to ON position and watch the airbag light turn on solid (not blinking).
2. As SOON as it starts blinking, turn the key off within one second.
3. Take key out
4. Repeat steps 1 -3 three more times
5. On your fourth time turn the key and the light will go on and turn off , for good within a few seconds
Old 03-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

If the above does not work you will have to take it to a dealer to clear the code. Make sure you tell them you removed the seat.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:53 AM
tiredgranny

This worked the 1st try with our '07 Frontier.....really ticked me off cause you know the dealerships know how to do this, but they just tell you to leave your car and they will have to hook it up for diagnostic testing for a cool $90....such a ripoff!! I have bookmarked this site for sure! Thank you soooo much.

Tags
2007, airbag, illuminated, light, warning