Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
01' Frontier  P0300.......? Forums > > 01' Frontier  P0300.......? 01' Frontier P0300.......?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 01-09-2008, 04:35 AM
ripper65

Default 01' Frontier P0300.......?

Been reading on here for months now and now I have a issue with my son's 01' Frontier. Very long story short, his engine light came on and the truck ran rough with a little black smoke coming out, so we went to Auto Zone. Came up as P0300 code. We changed spark plugs, wires,air cleaner, fuel filter, PVC, dis. cap, roter and still running the same. I cleaned all fuel injectors and for the hell of it I replaced the knock valve too(really fun). Still runs the same. Now would you think maybe a Mass Airflow Sensor or EGR Vavle would be the problem? Or would maybe some of the fuel injectors resistance is greater than 20 ohms(should be 10-14 ohms)? I even read about maybe cleaning my EGR passages would fix it. So I'll do the EGR cleaning and hopefully someone here would give some thoughts on this. It's driving me crazy. Thanks for any help too.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:48 PM
ripper65

Thanks for the info, but I've read that too. That work is a little too much for me.
I just thought maybe someone here would Know what's up or even had the samething happen to their truck.
Anybody?
Old 01-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Cleaning the EGR passages is a good start and you should measure the resistance of the injectors as well. There is also a bulletin for the P0300-P0306 codes. The problem describe in the bulletin is very common. I’m not sure how did you cleaned the injectors, but you should consider doing with the stuff the factory recommend, it is very effective.

You can find the bulletin in the 2001 Frontier bulletin list: http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase/links/392

Keyword Filter: "P0300"
Old 01-11-2008, 02:45 PM
ripper65

Sorry for not getting back, but I work 18 hrs. a day.
I cleaned the Injectors by soaking them in Injector Cleaner
and then used a high pressure air to clean them. I've had zero time
to do anything on it, but I will on Sunday. I guess I will start with the
EGR passages.
Oh-there is a little bit of gas coming out the exhaust and #6 spark
plug is soaked in gas. No other spark plug is. I guess..maybe that
#6 Injector is stuck open........?
A Big Thanks for the reply NissanTech!!
Old 01-14-2008, 02:05 PM
ripper65

Okay, there is NOT any EGR Valve/passages or such with any EGR. They stopped that is 2000(I believe July 00')and mine is 2001. So I took everything
off to the engine itself. Plenum inside was Very dirty. I cleaned up everything..
....like new. But I did read somewhere else was that if #6 spark plug is Very Wet with gas and a little gas is coming out the exhaust pipe that it is the
Fuel Pressure Reg. The reason why is because it is right next to #6 and
it will dump gas right in to it. The Fuel Injector(#6)is stuck open because of
this too.
So went to 3 different Parts Stores and no one had any Part I needed it stock. So my wife had to get them today. I'll put everything back together
Wed.
Just HOPE this works. If not, I'll buy that #6 Fuel Injector. My son works at a BMW Shop, so all the Injectors will be cleaned the Right way.
I'll be back!
Old 01-16-2008, 01:40 PM
ripper65

I'm off today(day time hrs.), so I replaced the Fuel Pressure Reg. and put everything back together(whole Plenum,Fuel Injectors,Fuel rail and everthing between).
Went to start it up and.............. IT STARTED RIGHT UP.......!!!!!!!!!!
I do have to say too that I did unhook the Battery. Not just to re-set the check engine light, but to re-set the whole computer itself. What it does is re-set all components. Sometimes this will fix other problems too, which ALOT of people do not know about. I guess it's a BIG secret........?!!
Thanks for the Help!!!!!!! I hate the P0300 code!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
frontier, p0300