Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Diff Lock light flickering on and off Forums > > Diff Lock light flickering on and off Diff Lock light flickering on and off
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 10-17-2007, 07:12 AM
NISBG3

Question Diff Lock light flickering on and off

2007 Nismo Crew Cab 2wd 4,600 miles on it. This morning I had to hit my breaks hard to avoid hitting a deer, I live on a gravel road and was going about 15-20 mph on a level stretch. and I felt the tires lock up and skid on the gravel just a bit but being on loose gravel that would be the norm. I continued driving to work and about 20 min later of continuos highway driving I noticed my Diff Lock light flickering off and on then staying on. When I cam to a stop I switched the Diff lock on and seen the ABS and Slip light turn onas well then switched it off to see if that would turn the light off, and that worked for a second until I started driving again it(diff lock) flickered on and off and stayed on again. got to the next stop light and flipped the switch again this time nothing happened, the diff lock stayed on and the ABS Slip lights did not come on. drove to next stop light and diff light went off for a min then back on again. pulled into garage and then Diff lock light turned off then ABS and Slip lights stayed on as I drove up to the 4th floor to park. Didn't have time to tinker with it being I was a bit late to work. Has anybody else ran into this at all? or know what it could be?
Old 10-22-2007, 07:38 AM
NISBG3

It has been a week since I posted this, I ended up just unhooking the battery for a few min that night and problem has not come back yet
Old 10-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Thanks for letting us know. I haven't seen any problem with the differential. I checked the Nissan database and there are no reports or bulletins for that problem. If the light comes back ON you should definitely take it to the dealer and have them read the codes.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:01 AM
NISBG3

Hi,
I have a scan tool and hooked it up to the OBD II while the lights still came on and there was not any codes listed, the MIL light never came on just the diff light and ABS slip lights came on, I searched the forum and found another person that had a similar problem with an 06 model and they said it happened off an on for a while then stopped by itself but has not hapened since. if it does it again I will be going to the dealer though
thanks
Old 10-30-2008, 11:47 AM
snoemann

Default Same problem

Got kind of the same problem on my 94' 200sx s13.

It's been since April or something now, since I saw the Diff light turning on. I was bothered with it and the abs light flickering during the last months of the winter. Then I changed brakefluid and diff oil, and they both stopped turning on.

But NOW, I suddenly got a flashing and steady flickering until solid on by the diff light. ANNOYING. I don't understand this.

Anyone have any tips?? I can't take it to the dealers either, cause the light goes to much on and off.

Tags
diff, flickering, light, lock