Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Rate and Write a Review for your Nissan Dealer Forums > > Rate and Write a Review for your Nissan Dealer Rate and Write a Review for your Nissan Dealer
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Default Rate and Write a Review for your Nissan Dealer

We can not stress enough the importance of walking into a dealership prepared. Whether you are in the process of buying a car, or getting one worked on, you NEED to choose the dealer which best fits YOUR needs...Are you more concerned with the bottom line, or does customer service mean the most to you? Well, we hope the dealer reviews and ratings, given by users like you, help in making your decision. Let us know how it goes; write a dealer review when you get back!

Please share you opinions with others by writing a review of your Nissan Dealer

Click here to rate and write a review for your dealer

Last edited by NissanTech; 03-16-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Lemonowner

Thumbs down Disappointed in IRA Nissan in Tyngsboro, MA

My disappointment with the service center at this location is colored by the fact that I was shocked to get a $4000+ repair bill on a 3 year old truck that I have serviced faithfully.

But my real gripe is the nature of the work and communication from the service rep. I asked the rep to check a squeek from my clurtch pedal. After telling me the clutch requirs a pilot bearing, based on him hearing a high pitched whine I cannot hear. After all the other faults were cited, he didn't bother to put a drop of oil on the pedal and it still squeeks.

In repairing the knock sensor the repairer bent the bracket that the throttle stop is on and now the throttle sticks when it is at idle, causing the truck to lurch when I depress the throttle hard enough to get it off idle.

The truck itself is a huge disappointment. in the shop at 50 miles for mysterious fuse pops that was the result of a wire pinched off between the bed and the frame. Seized brake cylinder at 1500 miles, sagging suspension, and now an $850 dollar gas tank replacement, water outlet gasket that cost over $1,000!, plus I still need tires and a pilot bearing (which I doubt). I don't fell right selling the piece of junk, and I can't trade it in because the maintenance I defered (can't afford it) is in the computer.

Lemon Owner in MA
Old 02-19-2008, 10:07 AM
vertdriver

Default you can contact the manufacturer

You may have more results if you contact the manufacturer or sell tradein your vehicle at another dealership.

If you bought the vehicle new you may have more results from the manufacturer. If you purchased the vehicle used you still may be able to get results, it just may take more effort.

Have you check for TSBs or recalls on your vehicle? If you bought the vehicle used did you check the vehicle's vin against a national database to see if your problems are originally another person's problem. If these are another person's problem why wasn't it fixed then? If you purchased your nissan new check to see if the vehicle was damaged when it was delivered to the dealership. Does the dealership have any complaints against them? In California, we have the BAR (bureau of automotive repair) to help consumers. If you have an equal in your state you might see what they can do. You never mention whether you have taken your vehicle elsewhere to get another opinion on the throwout bearing. The diagnosis is usually free at transmission shops.

You don't mention how far out of warranty you are. If it is slightly over the mileage warranty the factory may consider helping you. You might want to see if you can talk to the factory rep.

The pilot bearing diagnosis is not always a sound that you hear, it can be from the feel of the pedal and/or gearshift. The bent tab can be remedied by a meeting with the shop manager. The squeak can be like you said a drop of oil at the pivot point of the clutch pedal. Depending on how many miles you have on your vehicle the pilot bearing may work for another 1 mile to 100000 miles.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:52 PM
MOBEEBO

Napa Nissan in Napa California is the best. I have bought two vehicles from them and the service department is the greatest. They go above and beyond for the customer.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:09 AM
sailfl

Lemonowner,

If you have not talked to the Service Manager, I would make a list of what your problems were, what was done to fix the problems and why you are not happy. Also have a list of what needs to be done. Make another list of what you expect them to do. Make an appointment with the Service Manager and sit down and discuss what you want them to do. But be realistic. If he blows you off, go another step higher to the Dealership Manager. It never hurts to go higher.

Good luck.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:41 PM
ipodfansmail

Thumbs down reply3

Wow! This post rocks
Closed Thread

Tags
dealer, nissan, rate, review, write