Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
EGR monitor not ready? 2000 Nissan Frontier XE Forums > > EGR monitor not ready? 2000 Nissan Frontier XE EGR monitor not ready? 2000 Nissan Frontier XE
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 02-17-2017, 11:36 AM
2000 Frontier

Default EGR monitor not ready? 2000 Nissan Frontier XE

I have a 2000 Nissan Frontier XE M/T. For months I have been trying to get this thing to pass the smog test, but it keeps failing because the EGR monitor keeps on saying it's not complete. I have tried doing the drive cycle over 10 times already. And probably drove this thing more than 300 miles. Still not working. The Check Engine Light is off, so no trouble codes are being thrown. The battery is no more than 1 and a half years old. All the other 7 monitors set just fine so I cannot, for the life of me, understand why this one is not ready.

A few months ago my CEL did come on with a code P0400. I took it to my smog tech guy and he ran a diagnosis and found a clog in one of the vacuum hoses. So we got rid of the clog and fixed it. Since then the CEL never comes up anymore and no codes being thrown... but ever since we got it fixed, the EGR monitor for the OBDII system just does not "complete..." What else can be the issue? I'm running short on time since my registration is due next month.

Tags
2000, egr, frontier, monitor, nissan, ready