Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Are my u-joints replaceable? Forums > > Are my u-joints replaceable? Are my u-joints replaceable?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 05-13-2011, 06:07 PM
dork356

Default Are my u-joints replaceable?

I have a 2001 4x4 Frontier and planned on replacing the u joints this weekend until I found out they are not sold individually, but as a unit with the driveshaft. The mechanics at the dealer said I can try to replace them with the u joints for a 2005 since clips are present, and it might work. I would like to replace them myself if it is an option, but don't want to waste the time and money to see if it works. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Mattathesis

Not trying to sell this forum short by any means. However, your question regarding your u-joints may get a more precise answer at 1st Gen Hangout - Nissan Frontier / Navara Forum. The forum over there tends to be suited towards the DIY and custom mod owners. Much like this site, it is extremly well done. Tell them IMaTT sent you.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

Yes they are replaceble. Advance Auto sell Brute Force u-joints.

Tags
replaceable, ujoints