Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Sliding rear window Forums > > Sliding rear window Sliding rear window
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 05-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2006 Altima

Default Sliding rear window

I need to replace the sliding part of the rear window. Any one have any experience with this? Can it be put in without removing the window? Also where can I find this item? It is an 03 frontier xe 4x4 v6.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:05 AM
2001 Frontier Crew Cab

I believe it is sold as one unit
Old 05-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2006 Altima

UPDATE: The glass can be bought from nissan. $65.00. It is so simple to replace, there is a strip up in the top of the opening, uyou remove the strip and set the glass in place, replace strip by sliding it in over top of glass, press into place. It took me two weeks to figure out how to do and about five minutes to replace. Nissan wanted $500 and the local glass shop wanted $200.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:03 PM
MTMountaineer

I bought OEM rear glass from a junkyard for $87 and pulled the rear slider out and installed it in mine. It was pretty easy, all I did was pull the plastic rail from the bottom part of the window out to the left and pulled the slider down out of the top and it came free. Reverse the process to get it into the glass in my pickup and it was done! It would have been a 5 minute job if I didn't have to pick tiny glass shards out of the bottom rail in my pickup...
Old 05-03-2013, 04:37 PM
2004 Frontier

Red face Sliding rear window on Frontier

I had to break the window in order to open the door...it closed with the engine running and locked for some weird reason. In any case, once the glass was cleaned out of the tracks, top and bottom, sliding the bottom guide out allowed me to insert the glass into the track. Then I slid the glide back under the glass and it fell right into place. Easy repair.

The Nissan dealer in Richmond charged me $72.00 for an OEM glass. I have no idea how much it would have cost to have had them install it.

Tags
rear, sliding, window