Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Driver's Window Won't Go Up Forums > > Driver's Window Won't Go Up Driver's Window Won't Go Up
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 03-18-2010, 10:00 PM
2005 Titan King Cab
2000 Frontier Crew Cab

Default Driver's Window Won't Go Up

So I've had this problem for a while now, where the window goes down with no problem, but it doesn't want to go up. Sometimes it will, but rarely. And when it does eventually go up, it's either by just giving it some time and trying it again (sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes a day later), or recently I found that by shaking the door it might go up.

After some research and taking off the door panel, I believe it's the switch. Since it goes down no problem, the motor would be working just fine, right?

What about the motor or the regulator? I'm not sure how the regulator ties into this, but it appears you can buy it with or without the motor? Is the regulator the mechanism that contains the pulley and cable mechanism that raises and lowers the window? I'm just not sure how they come out from inside the door; how to unhook the cable from the motor to pull each out individually. I can't find any instructions or anything.

Any help you can provide is appreciated!

Last edited by pbody; 03-18-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:12 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

It sounds like the master switch. If the cables on the regulator are not bound up then replace the switch. I'am on my second switch in 5 years and this one has begun to fail. Remove and spray it with electric contact cleaner and it may work for a bit longer.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:46 PM
dolfans

How did you get the window up? Did the switch started to work to get the window up? I have a 98 frontier and the driver window is down and cant get it up. I am sure it is the switch bc i have a load when pressing down.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:47 PM
2005 Titan King Cab
2000 Frontier Crew Cab

Dolfans,

When the window would be stuck down, we'd eventually get the window back up by holding the switch in the "up" position and either gently bang on the door or shake the door back and forth very quickly. The shaking would work more times then banging, and the funny thing is when shaking the door, the window would jump up only on one of the back/forth movements. It makes me want to believe that a wire becomes loose inside the switch box and when banging/shaking the door, the wire comes in contact and the window comes up.

Better news though, just tonight I replaced the switch and it works perfectly. It took some time to properly diagnose a week ago, but only 5 minutes tonight to replace the switch. We ordered the Dorman switch from US Auto Parts for $60 + tax w/free shipping.

Wahoo!!!!!!

Thanks tech22 for the reassurance in the diagnosis!

Tags
driver, window