Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Can't find solution to codes Forums > > Can't find solution to codes Can't find solution to codes
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 07-05-2016, 09:20 AM
2004 Quest

Default Can't find solution to codes

My car is at the dealer and they say I have the below codes. They want to run another diagnostic for an additional cost. Is that necessary?
The C1729 code comes I have a 2004 Nissan Quest. I have not replaced any parts.

It says VHCL speed sig err

other c codes

C1724 (Batt Volt Low) FL

C1726 (Batt Volt low ) RR

C1704 Low Pressure Fl

C1705 Low Pressure FR

C1706 Low Pressure RR

C1707 Low Pressure RL
C1708, C1709, C1710, C1711 All say no data
Old 07-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

All of these codes are saying there is no information being received from the four, tpms sensors on your vehicle. Diagnosing this problem may be difficult if you don't have a scan tool that can access the tire pressure monitoring system information, specifically, the sensor inputs, as well as the equipment to register the tpms sensors. One thing of note, tpms sensors have an internal battery that typically lasts about 6 to 7 years. Your Quest is 12 years old, so, if the sensors are all original or over 7 years old, it is entirely possible that you need four, new tpms sensors installed and registered. If not, there could be a problem with the tpms control unit; I'm not sure if this is separate or built into the BCM on this model without checking a factory service manual, which you can do, too, by downloading one or the appropriate section of the manual, which may be available in the knowledge base at this site. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to check for applicable technical service bulletins while you are in the knowledge base section. If you do need new tpms sensors, I highly recommend Dorman direct-fit tpms sensors which you can get from Rockauto.com. They have a lifetime warranty and are half of the cost of the genuine Nissan sensors. Most tire shops are capable of registering the sensors as well as many independent shops; there is even a manual method that you can do if you do a search on YouTube. The tires have to be removed in order to replace tpms sensors, so, if you need sensors and the tires will be due for replacement, soon, it's best to do it all at the same time.

Tags
codes, find, solution