Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007-2008 Nissan Altima In Cabin Micro Filter Replacement Procedure Forums > > 2007-2008 Nissan Altima In Cabin Micro Filter Replacement Procedure Diagram 2007-2008 Nissan Altima In Cabin Micro Filter Replacement Procedure
Forgot Password? Join Us!

DIY Projects Do-It-Yourself Projects

Old 10-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Default 2007-2008 Nissan Altima In Cabin Micro Filter Replacement Procedure

2007-2008 Nissan Altima In Cabin Micro Filter Replacement Procedure

Please post your comments or suggestions about this diy project in this thread.

Last edited by NissanTech; 02-25-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:05 AM
2008 Altima
2008 altima

Default filter RR

There are a couple of things not mentioned.
first, remove the end cap on the side of hte dash which is also associated with the glove box and you have to remove a wire connector from the trunk switch in order to remove the glove box.
second, the new filters do not have a pull tab and is somewhat difficult to manage if you are not familiar with it.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:19 PM
icgomez1

Default 2007 Nissan Altima Cabin filter replacement

I was able to follow the instructions for removing the glove box but I never found the filter. I'm still confused about what the glove box has to do with the console side finisher if the filter is actually in the console? What is the correlation between the two?

Last edited by icgomez1; 02-15-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: 2008 Nissan Altima not 2007
Old 02-18-2010, 08:09 AM
bulletdodger

Default 2007 Nissan Altima Cabin filter replacement

I just did mine a few days ago. It is way back there underneath the glove box to the left. I had to remove the glove box completely and stick my head underneath it to see the push up tab for the cover.

I found this site with good pictures.

http://www.supernissans.net/forums/2...placement.html
Old 02-20-2010, 11:21 AM
icgomez1

Default Nissan cabin filter

Thank you so much for the instructions for replacing my cabin air filter. Everything went as planned and I was able to change it myself. I saved quite a few bucks doing it myself.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Advocate11

Default Missing steps

I have 2009 Altima Hybrid, and I know this procedure is for 2007-2008; even so, both this procedure, and 2009 Altima Hybrid service manual says 'remove 3 upper screws, remove 3 lower screws, then remove glove box assembly.' DOESN'T mention the 2 screws in the back of the glove box, doesn't mention the left and right end panels, doesn't mention the wire connector for trunk switch; Thanks goodness for additional posts which DOmention those items, allowed me to change CAF in my Altima Hybrid;
Old 09-11-2011, 04:28 PM
rsenn

Somehow it seems that a user replaceable air filter should be a lot easier to replace than this. This is poor design.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:23 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advocate11 View Post
I have 2009 Altima Hybrid, and I know this procedure is for 2007-2008; even so, both this procedure, and 2009 Altima Hybrid service manual says 'remove 3 upper screws, remove 3 lower screws, then remove glove box assembly.' DOESN'T mention the 2 screws in the back of the glove box, doesn't mention the left and right end panels, doesn't mention the wire connector for trunk switch; Thanks goodness for additional posts which DOmention those items, allowed me to change CAF in my Altima Hybrid;
You don't have to remove the glove box. Just remove the cabin filter door and then the filter.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:02 AM
ohiotsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletdodger View Post
I just did mine a few days ago. It is way back there underneath the glove box to the left. I had to remove the glove box completely and stick my head underneath it to see the push up tab for the cover.

I found this site with good pictures.

How To: In Cabin Filter replacement - SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community
The Nissan Dealer was asking $68 to change the filter. Bought one for $16 but with out your site with the pictures I was questioning weather I had made the right choice. Thank alot. The pictures made the replacement much easier. and I saved $50.
Ohiotsu
Old 05-15-2013, 09:39 AM
2008 Altima

Just did the cabin air filter replacement with a Wix 24400. It's chinese-made and accordion's down to fit the opening. The biggest problem was the location of the box behind the glove box. Pain in the butt as before.