Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Need advice for my 2002 Nissan sentra gxe Forums > > Need advice for my 2002 Nissan sentra gxe Need advice for my 2002 Nissan sentra gxe
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 10-07-2015, 02:42 PM
2002 Sentra

Exclamation Need advice for my 2002 Nissan sentra gxe

Hello everyone, so my Nissan is throwing codes for a bad crank sensor, it's idling rough (sometimes) and the tachometer isn't working. I thought that replacing the crank & cam sensors would solve these issue, however, it didn't fix anything and I am still getting bad crank sensor codes. One possibility is that my crank sensor connector is bad. The end piece is damaged and missing some plastic, but it still clips in and locks. I really hope the problem isn't with the ECU because I don't have the money to replace it. What do you guys think? What could be causing this? Should I replace the connector? It has nearly 200k miles so getting the ECU replaced for free is not happening.

If this was posted in the wrong place, please redirect me.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:40 PM
2002 Sentra

Some insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have ordered a crank sensor connector and will keep anyone interested updated.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:33 AM
2001 350Z
2001 280ZX

Interesting, wait for your update. I want to know what's the really problem.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:15 PM
2002 Sentra

Thumbs down More problems more questions

Arghhhh So today I got the connector for the cps and it didn't fit. I can't seem to find the right connector anywhere and that sucks. I did a little diagnosis and found that with the crank sensor unhooked, the car won't even start, which leads me to believe my connector is fine Although, the tachometer isn't working and I'm still getting codes for it so I don't know. I did the sizzle test on my oil and seems to have failed, meaning I may have a blown head gasket or something similar. I will have to get that checked. I did this test because a buddy driving behind me said he seen a clear liquid shooting out of my exhaust! It was raining that day tho. Now back to the crank sensor. Why am I still getting codes even though it's been replaced? I don't know what to check. I just wanna get rid of that check engine light! It's giving me 2 crank sensor codes 1 cam sensor code and an O2 sensor code. Please help guys!!! So far I feel like this sight is just a waste of time

Last edited by WhoCares; 10-14-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Tags
2002, advice, gxe, nissan, sentra