Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Dash Assembly Removal Forums > > Dash Assembly Removal Dash Assembly Removal
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Audio, Video & Electronics Audio, Video & Electronics posts concerning all models. iPod, Navigation, Bluetooth

Old 07-03-2008, 10:19 PM
parisi2274

Default Dash Assembly Removal

Hi I am new to the boards, and I had a question about this dash assembly removal guide.

I know that guide is more suited to the older model Muranos... I just recently upgraded to the 2009 Murano, and I want to install that Sirius FM direct unit, as I do not want to hang an FEA on my back windsheild. Will these instructions work for the 2009? I was looking them over and I do not see any way to remove the unit in the new 2009 system.

If anyone has any information I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2008, 09:43 AM
cowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
to Nissanhelp.com forums!!

I Hope this help:

1. Perform damper lock operation. (BOSE system)
a. Eject and remove any CDs from the CD auto-changer unit.
b. Turn ignition switch OFF. Wait until CD auto-changer unit display is off and mechanism stops moving (mechanism sound stops).
c. Press any one of the disc selection buttons once. When a display shows on the CD auto-changer unit, press the same disc selection button again within 5 seconds.
The changer mechanism will lock itself within 10 seconds.
d. After mechanism stops moving (mechanism sound stops), disconnect negative battery cable.

2. Remove center ventilator. (see figure #1)
a. Insert a remover into lower space of center ventilator and remove by lifting.
b. Insert a remover into upper space of center ventilator and the upper clip is removed.

3. Remove instrument stay cover (LH/RH). (see figure #2)
a. Insert a remover into front space of instrument stay cover (LH/RH) and detach.
b. Disconnect the LH side harness connector only.

4. Remove screws on top of the radio (2 screws). (see figure #3)

5. Remove screws on the side of the radio (4 screws). (see figure #4)

6. Remove cluster lid C and audio unit.

7. Unlock FPC (Flexible Print Circuit) connector lock on A/C and AV switch side. (see figure #5)

8. Pull off flexible printed circuit from connector.

9. Remove screws (4) and clips (2). Then remove audio unit from cluster lid C. (see figure #6)

10. Remove audio unit screws (8), unified meter and A/C amp. screws (2) and remove bracket. (see figure #7)
Any chance you could post a Dash Dis assembly walkthrough for the 09' Murano?

Thanks!

Tags
assembly, dash, removal