Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Stock Radio (not Bose) Help Please Forums > > Stock Radio (not Bose) Help Please Stock Radio (not Bose) Help Please
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Audio, Video & Electronics Audio, Video & Electronics posts concerning all models. iPod, Navigation, Bluetooth

Old 02-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Vegas Stan

Default Stock Radio (not Bose) Help Please

I have a 2007 350Z Enthusiast. I had a car audio shop replace the stock radio with an aftermarket Sony with XM. When looking at the back of the original stock radio, I noticed 4 different plugs for wiring harnesses. Seems like more plugs (and pins) than are needed for power, lighting, speakers and the stering wheel controls.

Does anyone know what all the connections are for? Could it be that the radio has "hidden" features?

Any wireheads out there know the real answer. The service manual does not show the back of the radio or give pin identification.

Thanks,
Stan
Old 02-24-2008, 04:53 AM
2015 Rogue

The other plugs could be for sat radio prewiring.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Vegas Stan

That's what I was thinking but I can't find anyone who knows for sure.
Stan
Old 04-11-2008, 11:10 AM

2005 350Z

Download the "av" section of the Service Manual for your model year. You'll find connector numbers, pin numbers, wire colors,etc.; all the info you're looking for.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Vegas Stan

Default Thanks

I have looked at it a while back. Perhaps I missed something. I will read again slowly. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:56 PM
skydvrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Stan View Post
I have a 2007 350Z Enthusiast. I had a car audio shop replace the stock radio with an aftermarket Sony with XM. When looking at the back of the original stock radio, I noticed 4 different plugs for wiring harnesses. Seems like more plugs (and pins) than are needed for power, lighting, speakers and the stering wheel controls.

Does anyone know what all the connections are for? Could it be that the radio has "hidden" features?

Any wireheads out there know the real answer. The service manual does not show the back of the radio or give pin identification.
Probably the stock GPS nav system. The nav unit sends its "You have arrived at your destination" speech audio through the stock radio and speakers. It mutes your tunes while the GPS lady talks.

Its a PITA when you replace the stock radio and you have a stock nav unit installed. The nav audio goes away. There are some workarounds, but my installer couldn't figure it out on my 2003 Track.

Skydvrz

Tags
bose, radio, stock