Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Amount of fuel in the tank? Forums > > Amount of fuel in the tank? Amount of fuel in the tank?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 05-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Fire-n-Gin

Default Amount of fuel in the tank?

I have a 2004 Armada LE and According to my manual, I should have a 28 gallon fuel capacity. It seems that I can only get about 20 gallons in it when totally empty (according to the gauge). Could my gas gauge be that far off or did someone stick a brick in my tank?
Thanks!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

The disparity is to large to blame the gas, most likely there is a problem with the fuel gauge. There is a bulletin for a fuel gage problem, but the complain is different. 2004 Armada bulletin list: Knowledgebase - 2004 Armada - Nissanhelp.com Keyword Filter: "fuel"
Old 05-30-2008, 06:01 PM
deeznuts

empty doesn't always mean empty. your guage is fine. it is set up that way so you don't run out of gas.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:46 PM

Armad 2004

Default 28 gallons

I have a the same situation. But as I have observed the empty light goes on approximately 8 gallons left in your tank. The tank is so wide and that it can't measure anything below 8 gallons. I have driven atleast 30 miles with the low gas light on and could have gone more.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Fire-n-Gin

My frustration is having to stop and get gas every 300 miles when according to my gas mileage and fuel tank size, I should be good to go 500 miles on the highway. Do I get it looked at or just bank on my fuel economy (or lack of) and carry a spare can of gas for when I push it too hard?
Old 06-30-2008, 08:23 PM
cpure

I too have a similar problem. My gauge does not always read full when I fill up and the light comes on more then 100 miles before empty. When I get gas at about 400 miles I fill up usually around 24-25 galleons, which means I have another 3-4 galleons in the tank. I had it checked a few times but the dealership could not "duplicate" the problem or their computer did not read it was a problem....
Old 07-16-2008, 07:00 AM
Fire-n-Gin

Speaking of fuel...We just came back from our first cross-country journey with the Armada. How does 14.7 MPG sound? I thought it would do a little better than that on the highway... We also have a Pathfinder and it gets around 18 MPG and I thought it was bad.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:12 AM

2004 Armada

I recently went on a 1500 mile trip and I averaged 17.8 mpg.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:34 PM
2004 Armada

Default Buy a ScanGauge II

My 2004 Armada is the same. I bought a ScanGauge II that nails it and provides other cool info.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:40 PM
urnzway

Yup,
Fuel guage on my '04 is off too.
I had it replaced under waranty a while back, 'cause it wouldn't register full.
Now, it reads full when the tank is full, but fuel light comes on with 8 to 10 gallons left in the tank.
I only use 93 octane (cheaper by the milage) so, that means I can usually go 150+ miles witht the fuel light on. Seems a bit excessive.
-Z
Old 04-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Enthusiast
2004 Armada

It is possible that the tank really is NOT filling up., This can happen if you have a defective evaporative canister control valve on the rear canister. I had that problem...it would only take about 10 gallons. Nissan refused to cover it and it cost me $335. at the dealer to replace...highway robbery in my estimation. This was a half hour procedure at most.

Tags
amount, fuel, tank