Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Help! Water Sloshing sound in Dash Forums > > Help! Water Sloshing sound in Dash Help! Water Sloshing sound in Dash
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 11-21-2007, 05:51 PM
CNEELY3

Exclamation Help! Water Sloshing sound in Dash

We have an 04 Armada. We have a sloshing sound coming from the glove compartment area. They have replaced the radiator, some hoses, the radiator cap, thermostat, and many other parts, at our expense, of course, but it is still sloshing. It does it when you push the gas. It sounds like their is a soda bottle in the glove compartment that is rolling around. This has been quite a challenge for the certified Nissan techs and I am loosing my faith in Nissan's abilities to fix their own cars. :confused:

Has anyone else had this problem? or problem with over heating in the summer with the a/c on? Please help!!! The car is huge and too expensive to get rid of.:(

Thanks
Old 11-21-2007, 11:55 PM
2015 Rogue

Sounds like they are not bleeding the air out of the system properly.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

I agree with mpe235
Old 11-23-2007, 11:35 AM
CNEELY3

Exclamation

Thanks
I thought so too but they have done it about 3 times. Is it possible to do it incorrectly that many times? I wonder if there is another leak that hasn't been found. I am not a car person but it seems if air is getting in, liquid has to get out. So there must be a leak that hasn't been found. :confused:

Also is it possible there is a second cooling system in the back of the truck that may be have a leak also?

They keep informing us that the cooling system is the most difficult thing to work on. Should we take it elsewhere?
Old 11-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
Should we take it elsewhere?
Yes try another dealer. The truth is that flushing the system in the Armada its very difficult, the first time I did it took me almost 1 day to get it right.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:53 PM
CNEELY3

Angry Blown Head Gasket

Seriously, I finally got the service center to give the problem a name- A blown head gasket!!! Crazy.:censored:
They still have to break it down to know that for sure but they are saying that is the potential problem. They are saying a head gasket cost 2Gs!!! It this right or are they counting labor? B/c when I looked online for a head gasket they were from 20.00 - 60.00. What else is required when the head gasket is blown?
The car hasn't exhibited any other symptoms that support this-no smoke, no loss of antifreeze, no oil in the antifreeze- they have seen the antifreeze on multiple occasions (due to bleeding and flushing) and haven't said it look off color or anything. Could they be wrong and grasping at straws?:confused:
Thanks for your help
Old 11-27-2007, 03:13 PM
2015 Rogue

Take it somewhere else. I have not seen any headgasket problems with that engine.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:14 PM
CNEELY3

Will do. At least for what they are quoting I need a second opinion. Thanks for all your help. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:31 AM
CNEELY3

Now the service center is saying the water neck is leaking and we have no heat. Have you ever heard of this? Is this why I don't have heat in my huge truck?
Old 02-14-2009, 12:35 PM
trekdawg

I recently have the same problem with my 2003 Nissan Altima 3.5. Dealership has bled/vacuumed out the air out of radiator 3 times and still hear water sloshing. They said the only way to stop noise/cut down on noise is to install some type of filter to slow down coolant into water heater. Unsure if this is the correct answer or not. But it is very frustrating as it only started after having coolant flushed out and new liquid put in.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:16 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

Concure with the other techs. Take it someplace else.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:23 PM
rj06altima

Default I too have had that problem recently with my 06 Altima

At first I wondered if a drain line was clogged and water was accumulating form the air conditioning in the blower air lines. I have not had it checked yet. Feedback to the idea of having to install something to control whatever.....why now? It did not do it before? I had 80k miles on it before I heard this sound. Why now?
Old 12-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

A blown head gasket is way to easy to diagnose.They should test for hydrocarbon gas in the antifreeze.And yes there is a test kit just for that kind of problem.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:19 AM
moran31

I also have this problem with my 2003 Nissan Altima, I have to get it inspected and while he is doing that he is going to take a look at the water slushing around on the passenger side, under the glove box - noise. This sounds like it just needs to be drained, but I was wondering how to do it? Does anyone know of a step by step on how to correct this problem?
Old 05-25-2010, 05:35 AM
rj06altima

Default Sound went away on its own

I do not have a clue as to what happened to cause it or to make it go away. I did have the car in for service. Maybe he opened it and "burped" it out. But I have not heard the sound in over a month now. It is not a collection of water that needs to be drained. It is the sound of gushing water with air mixed in that you hear. It is going through the hoses that bring the heat to your inside air unit. Good luck.

Tags
dash, sloshing, sound, water