Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2008 Nissan Armada crank no start Forums > > 2008 Nissan Armada crank no start 2008 Nissan Armada crank no start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 03-07-2016, 07:28 AM
2008 Armada

Question 2008 Nissan Armada crank no start

It began a few days ago, I drove the vehicle with no issues to the store. When I went to lock the vehicle it was if it had lost all power, the lock or unlock on the key fob would not work. I entered the vehicle and when I turned the key all systems seemed dead (no lights, no sounds) after turning the on off 3 times it did start.

Since then I am having an issue with crank but no start. It will start right up with a jump. Usually if I try three times (the magic number) it will start (after a long crank) The battery is less than 6 mths old. I have had the battery, the alternator and the starter checked, and they all seemed to check out fine.

The vehicle is giving no codes.

Yesterday (after a jump) we were able to drive our daughter to college and back (500 miles with no issues). We did turn the vehicle off to stop for dinner, gas etc and it did start right back up ~ No jumping,or lurching while driving. This morning again crank but no start.

I am able to hear what sounds like the fuel pump when I turn the key into the on position. I also do not recall if the red anti theft symbol always blinked while unlocked. It does so now.

I'm at a loss!

Thank you!
Old 03-07-2016, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

You may be loosing fuel pressure after sitting for a while. Try the following in the morning, insert the key in the ignition and turn to key to the ON position for about 10 seconds and then try to start the engine.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:12 AM
2008 Armada

Thank you! I'm getting ready to take it into the shop in a few minutes. We've tried to go thru every system we can think of and we do keep coming back to fuel pump. I will update when I have a diagnosis.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:14 AM
2008 Armada

I should also mention I did the IPDM check as indicated in the manual and all systems seemed ago.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:00 AM
2008 Armada

Just received a call from the shop.. he said my vehicle was a real puzzle. It fired up this morning (although another long crank) . He said the fuel pump is good (pressure is great) starter is good. He said there is a TSB covering the ECU and he will be replacing that this afternoon to the tune of $5. Hopefully that will indeed fix my issues. I absolutely love my Armada! With just over 100K miles I plan to keep it for at least another 100K. Thank you for your advice!
Old 03-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Good luck, hopefully that will fix the problem.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:24 PM
2008 Armada

Well she's still in the shop..day 5. Battery, Alternator, Starter good, replaced ECU (didn't work), replaced IPDM (starts worse after the change), now back to troubleshooting. Throwing no codes. He's back to checking the fuel pump tomorrow, at this point we are all at a loss.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:18 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyL View Post
Well she's still in the shop..day 5. Battery, Alternator, Starter good, replaced ECU (didn't work), replaced IPDM (starts worse after the change), now back to troubleshooting. Throwing no codes. He's back to checking the fuel pump tomorrow, at this point we are all at a loss.
Is the tail pipe still connected to the muffler? They usually break at the flange. The exhaust will still sound normal but the hot exhaust will exit under the vehicle. There is a harness that melts along the frame rail when this happens. Fuel pump wires are in that harness.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:41 PM
2008 Armada

I really have no idea, our mechanic is still at it, I will certainly mention it when I talk with him tomorrow. That would cause the cranking issue?

Tags
2008, armada, crank, nissan, start