Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2004 Armada Fuel Pump? Forums > > 2004 Armada Fuel Pump? 2004 Armada Fuel Pump?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 06-08-2015, 09:21 AM
2004 Armada

Default 2004 Armada Fuel Pump?

I have a 2004 Armada with a strange issue where it will start having power/acceleration problems, but only after its been driving for about two hours or more. Until then, everything is perfect, then out of nowhere, I push the gas pedal to speed up to pass someone or whatever and the engine just bogs down like there is no fuel pressure. I can keep going as long as I don't push the pedal any further until I get to a place to pull over. Once stopped, I turn off the truck, turn it back on, and the issue seems to be "reset" for awhile longer. Sometimes another half hour of driving, sometimes several more. It never does this when making regular trips around town, just the long ones. I replaced the ECM relay, but that didn't solve it. I took it to the dealer and all they found was a bad catalytic converter, which they replaced. I took it to another shop several months later and asked them to check out the fuel pump, but they could not recreate the problem since they can't take it on a 3 hour test drive. They replaced the other catalytic converter, which only got rid of the check engine light. Does this seem like a fuel pump that is wearing? Is it possible to find rebuild kits for these? Thanks.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Unfortunately never had that problem before on the Armada, I had similar problems with other models and the catalytic converter was actually the problem. You should considering buying (or renting) a fuel gauge with a long hose and check the fuel pressure when you get the problem.

Also, if possible try getting the readings for the air/fuel ratio.

Just throwing more parts at it can get expensive and may not even repair the problem.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:47 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

It could be a bad cam position sensor. They can cause misfiring and cause unburned fuel to ruin catalytic converters. Sometimes they won't set a code and they often fail as they get hot and will start to work normally once they cool down. I would check for stored codes. Only way to test the fuel pump is with a fuel pressure gauge. You don't rebuild the pumps, just replace them when they are bad. I recommend using a genuine Nissan pump if it is your problem.

Tags
fuel, replaced, pump, turn, converter, catalytic, long, push, check, engine, pedal, hour, issue, armada, driving, found, making, trips, town, ecm, dealer, relay, solve, regular, light