Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Flashing Air Bag Light Forums > > Flashing Air Bag Light Flashing Air Bag Light
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 08-19-2013, 06:17 AM
2009 Rogue
2009 Rogue SL AWD

Same here! I found Nickoli415's post when looking for ways to take care of my fiance's flashing Air Bag Light...did it, and it worked.

I'm now a member!!!

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:01 PM
2005 200SX

Default Ref: Flashing airbag light

I have Nissan Primera 2.2 DCI 54 plate, airbag warning on computer hindered my use of reversing camera so tried this day before I was due to take my car to main dealer and it worked! Saved me a fortune!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoli415 View Post
Try This, I got this from ClubArmada.com It worked for me.

Since some of you guys here are new owners I thought I'd save you a trip to the dealer once you start modifing your armada's. I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:07 AM
2010 Xterra

I have a 2010 Nissan Xterra and it worked ! I don't know what caused it as I never removed or installed any component. I just happened one day and I dreaded for months taking it to a dealer to get it repaired. This saved me serious money that I was not able to part with in order to get it inspected . Thanks Nickoli415!
Old 03-03-2016, 09:53 AM
2007 Sentra

Default Thank you Nickoli415!

I have a 2007 Nissan Sentry and for the past couple of days the airbag light has been flashing. I tried Nickoli415's suggestion and YAY! It worked!
Thank you so much Nickoli415!
Old 04-01-2016, 02:06 AM
2008 Rogue

I've used this method for the past two years to get my 2008 Rogue to pass the VA inspection, where a blinking light will fail you. The method no longer works. It goes into the diagnostic mode but keeps blinking when I turn the key off and back on at the end. Nissan wants $1,500 to replace the passenger seat cushion, saying that my VIN is not included in any recall for this problem - grr! I'll keep trying to get the method to work again, but does anyone have any other suggestions? The next inspection is not until July, and it pains me to have to pay so much, but it's looking like I might have to.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:36 PM
2010 Xterra

Default Worked great on my 2010 Xterra after radio swap

I just had an aftermarket radio installed was getting an airbag error. Thank you for posting this as it cleared it.

Michael
Old 05-11-2016, 07:00 AM
2009 Murano

Default Airbag light flashing

Can someone shed a little light. Our 2009 Murano is push button start. I can't turn the key to on. What is the process for resetting this light?
Old 09-16-2016, 12:57 AM
2013 Frontier King Cab

Default 2013 Frontier

Certain car washes will make my airbag light start flashing. Nickoli 415's fix worked on my 2013 Nissan Frontier. Thanks for helping me avoid the dreaded dealer!
Old 12-16-2016, 10:18 AM
2005 Armada

So I have read just about everything out there, and have reset the airbag light quite a few times, but keeps coming back on. I read the code like was explained in quite a few different threads. Like someone in the first page of this thread, my 2005 Armada has one long blink [2 sec] and 13 short blinks [.5 sec]. The weird thing, is that when you put those together to make the actual fault code, it gives you a 113 right. Add the first long flash, with the total number of short ones...... 1 + 13?

But from what I've seen, the list of number codes goes from 1 - 11? So how the heck is my light blinking 13 times? Has anybody had this one before??

I have moved the electric seat cushions up higher to avoid pinching the wires there, re-plugged in all of my connectors to make sure they are secure, etc..... not sure where to go, aside to the dealer.... eek!
Old 12-28-2016, 10:25 AM
2005 Armada

anybody? help???!
Old 04-11-2017, 03:41 PM
2011 Sentra

Wink

I just bought my Nissan Sentra SL at the end of February and all of a sudden, my airbag warning light started flashing. I did the steps listed in a previous post and it worked!! My airbag warning light isn't flashing anymore. Thanks for saving me from the time and money spent taking my car to a dealership!!

~T~
Old 06-01-2017, 10:53 AM
2009 Sentra

The method described by Nickoli145, I was unclear about the instruction. Do I have to turn the ignition switch for the engine to start the vehicle or simply turn to the point just before (without starting the engine)?
Old 06-01-2017, 10:59 AM
2009 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgainesjr View Post
I have a 2010 Nissan Xterra and it worked ! I don't know what caused it as I never removed or installed any component. I just happened one day and I dreaded for months taking it to a dealer to get it repaired. This saved me serious money that I was not able to part with in order to get it inspected . Thanks Nickoli415!
Did you think it was related to adjusting the passenger seat? Mine started flashing on my Nissan Bluebird Sylphy recently. Only think we did was adjust the passenger seat.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:34 AM
2011 Sentra

Thumbs up

When I did it, I didn't completely start the engine, I just turned the key to the point right before the engine starts. I still have the instructions for doing it, so I'm going to repost them in case anyone else can find them useful. Follow these directions exactly:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few seconds and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi....)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

Good luck, hope this works for ya.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:07 AM
2007 Quest

Thumbs up Thank You Nickoli415 !!!

Just had my 07 Quest inspected and the following day noticed the air bag light blinking. Not sure if there is any relativity to the 2 events or just coincidence. I followed Nickoli415's suggested procedure on page 1 of this thread and it worked like a charm. Hopefully it was just a fluke and it will stay off.

Last edited by anotherbri; 07-12-2017 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Add title

Tags
air, bag, flashing, light