Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Manufacturer buyback, purchase? Forums > > Manufacturer buyback, purchase? Manufacturer buyback, purchase?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Armada Nissan Armada Discussion Forum

Old 09-13-2007, 09:58 AM
wannamada

Default Manufacturer buyback, purchase?

Love the site.....I'm thinking of buying a used Armada. A coworker has an '06 I think is great, so now I'm shopping. I found a Nissan dealership selling "Manufacture buybacks". They have 5 on the lot. 04's thru 06's. I was told they get them from auction, repair the brakes in most cases, and put them out for sale. I spotted an 05 SE, tow package, with 26,000 miles. Nice ride, good price. A little fearful of the "buyback-lemon" title but they are out front with it and indicate they'v done the recommended repairs and have been doing it for some time. (ABS modulator and brakes on this one). The only thing is the salesman said they turned the rear rotors and replaced the front pads along with the ABS modulator. I'm reading in the forums, full rotor replacement. Should I force the full repair and buy? (fuguring If I buy one off the street I'll end up bringing it in for the repairs anyway)
Old 09-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

What type of Warranty do they offer? 1 year? 2 years? 3 years?

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store
Old 09-13-2007, 11:24 AM
wannamada

I haven't prodded enough yet. It has the original 3yr/36k. I've been spending time researching on the net. I checked the VIN and it had one lease attached to it in CA and returned at 26K miles. Then it hit the aution in SAC. This lot bought it 6/07. They said it was a courtesy buyback to keep customer satisfaction because of all of the brake complaints coming out of California. The title will say buyback but I can't find any consumer lemon reports on these vehicles.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:34 PM
2015 Rogue

Most of the nissan buybacks are repaired before they make it back to the auction. The fact that they are being up front about it sounds pretty good. Machining the rear rotors is what nissan directs the dealers to do to repair the brake pulse issue. These may have been buybacks because the updated parts weren't available at the time to fix them. I would check to see if any of the warranties are void because of the lemon status. If not you should be ok.
ASE Master Certified.

Tags
buyback, manufacturer, purchase