Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Rear Defogger (defroster) fuse HELP!! Forums > > Rear Defogger (defroster) fuse HELP!! Rear Defogger (defroster) fuse HELP!!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 03-09-2013, 06:41 AM
2003 Altima Sedan
2003 Altima 3.5

Exclamation Rear Defogger (defroster) fuse HELP!!

HI guys!! I'm a newbie here.. :/

I have a 03 Nissan Altima 3.5.. I just got my windows tinted (3%) and needed to take the fuse out for the defroster.. (don't want it getting cut on)

I figure its In the under the hood fuse box, but I lost my cover to it..
can someone give me a diagram or a picture or something?! I have been searching ALL morning to no avail..

help a newbie out!! :)

Tattoo & Piercing Junkie... Rock addict... Kinda obsessed with my car... 24 years young.. mother of a beautiful girl and a amazing autistic son!!

Last edited by tashak88; 03-09-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2003 Altima 2.5S

There are two fuses (#35 and #36) for the rear defroster that is located in the IPDM unit box next to your radiator reservoir underneath your hood. The top plastic portion of the unit comes straight up and out, but there are a couple of connectors that are in place holding the unit from coming out. So you might want to be careful from pulling on it and just see if you can take those two fuses out from that angle. I have posted two images at the bottom to show you the location of the fuses and how the IPDM unit looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Defogger (defroster) fuse HELP!!-2012-03-31_214713_capture-png   Rear Defogger (defroster) fuse HELP!!-t2ec16hhjfoe9nh6qtwvbq8cjst1wg-60_35-jpg  

Last edited by NissanAltima01; 03-09-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:08 PM
2003 Altima Sedan
2003 Altima 3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanAltima01 View Post
There are two fuses (#35 and #36) for the rear defroster that is located in the IPDM unit box next to your radiator reservoir underneath your hood. The top plastic portion of the unit comes straight up and out, but there are a couple of connectors that are in place holding the unit from coming out. So you might want to be careful from pulling on it and just see if you can take those two fuses out from that angle. I have posted two images at the bottom to show you the location of the fuses and how the IPDM unit looks like.

THANK YOU!!! I will go now and see if I can figure it out!!

I have another question.. I put in 2 aftermarket headlights also and think he blew the relay or fuse (idk which) where is it located?

AGAIN, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! :)
Old 03-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2003 Altima 2.5S

Are you talking about the "low beam" regular headlamps or the "high beam" brights headlamps? The relays and fuses for both "low" and "high" headlamps are on the IPDM unit box as well. The relays are on the top right portion and not sure which fuses (#48 or #49) are for the "low" or "high" headlamps that are highlighted in green on the image below that i have posted.
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Defogger (defroster) fuse HELP!!-2009-11-23_011455_48-png  

Last edited by NissanAltima01; 03-09-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:48 PM
2003 Altima Sedan
2003 Altima 3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanAltima01 View Post
Are you talking about the "low beam" regular headlamps or the "high beam" brights headlamps? The relays and fuses for both "low" and "high" headlamps are on the IPDM unit box as well. The relays are on the top right portion and not sure which fuses (#48 or #49) are for the "low" or "high" headlamps that are highlighted in green on the image below that i have posted.

It worked!! I figured it out!!! and it was fuse #50 that was blown (for lowbeam)

Thank you soo much!! :)

Tags
defogger, defroster, fuse, rear